iOS 17 is expected to be released for end users on the 12th of September 2023 with the launch of the iPhone 15 series.
iOS 17 is the latest release of the mobile operating system by Apple for iPhones and is shipped with iPhone 15 and 15 Pro models (and iPods if you still use them), if you are unsure that you are running the latest iOS 17 on your device, you can follow the below easy steps to be sure about it.
Steps to know if you are running iOS 17 on your iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Now go to Settings app.
- Scroll down and go to General
- Now tap on About and you should see iOS Version, if you see 17.x (x can be any number) you are on iOS 17!
Below is the list of devices that support iOS 17, if you are on one of these devices, you can update to iOS 17 by going to "Software Updates" under General tab.
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE 2nd Gen and later
If you are using the list of below iPhones, you do not get an iOS 17 update.
- iPhone (original) - Released in 2007
- iPhone 3G - Released in 2008
- iPhone 3GS - Released in 2009
- iPhone 4 - Released in 2010
- iPhone 4S - Released in 2011
- iPhone 5 - Released in 2012
- iPhone 5c - Released in 2013
- iPhone 5s - Released in 2013
- iPhone 6 - Released in 2014
- iPhone 6 Plus - Released in 2014
- iPhone 6s - Released in 2015
- iPhone 6s Plus - Released in 2015
- iPhone SE (1st generation) - Released in 2016
- iPhone 7 - Released in 2016
- iPhone 7 Plus - Released in 2016
- iPhone 8 - Released in 2017
- iPhone 8 Plus - Released in 2017
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0 and iPhone 12 mini running iOS 17 beta.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to turn off 5G Network on iPhone
- iPhone network says SOS Only on Status Bar
- How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone
- How to take a Screenshot on iPhone with iOS 17
- Screen Mirroring iPhone to TV
- How to Find and View Stored Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
- Xcode 13 - unknown error compiling for iOS 15.0 but module has a minimum deployment target of iOS 15.2
- How to Turn on/off Flashlight on iPhone
- How to Show Battery Percentage inside iPhone 12-14 Battery Indicator?
- Release Date and iPhone Devices that will Support iOS 16
- How to Change the Name of your iPhone (Updated for iOS 17)
- How to Change Name on iPhone under Settings
- How to clear Cache, Cookies and History on iPhone Safari
- Fix: No Internet Connection on iPhone WiFi Network
- How to know the MAC address of iPhone/iPad Wifi
- How to enable Wifi Calling on iPhone
- Turn Off Auto-Brightness on iPhone running iOS 16
- How to Sync iPhone with iPad
- How to reset AirPods or AirPods Pro using iPhone/iPad or iPod
- How to know your iPhone Model Name
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone
- How to know if you are on iOS 17 on your iPhone
- How to initiate a photo request on iPhone from Mac Monterey
- Quick Fix: How to Force Restart Your iPhone
- How to unpair an Apple Watch with an iPhone
- [Solution] Java JDBC SQLException: No value specified for parameter 1 - Java
- Powershell Comments Examples - Powershell
- How to write hello world different languages syntax - HowTos
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code - Python
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone - iOS
- How to know the version of Teams installed - Teams
- Get the Current Working Directory using Java Code - Java
- Get the Complete Sha256 Container ID for Docker Run Command - Docker