ProblemYou receive below error while installing SharePoint Server 2019.
All prerequisites are installed and the Products Preparation Tool successfully completes. But when you run Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 Setup, you encounter the error even though the said component is installed.
This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
ReasonThe version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) installed is too old and the setup needs version 14.13.26020.0 or higher.
SharePoint 2019 Products Preparation Tool misidentifies the minimum version required by the setup. If Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) is installed, but is a version that's greater than or equal to 14.10.25017.0 and less than 14.13.26020.0, the tool won't install the minimum version that's required by SharePoint Server 2019 Setup.
- Navigate to Control Panel --> Programs --> Uninstall a program --> Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64).
- Rerun Microsoft SharePoint 2019 Products Preparation Tool (prerequisiteinstaller.exe). The minimum required version will be installed by the tool.
You may also download and install version 14.13.26020.0 (or later) from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=848299.
- Run SharePoint Server 2019 Setup.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1 - Android-Studio
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4 - Eclipse
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal - MacOS