On a Mac, you can easily take a screenshot using keyboard shortcuts such as Command + Shift + 3 or 4. However, by default, the screenshot will be saved as a PNG image on your desktop or in a location that you have previously customized.
This can be useful, but if you'd like to copy the screenshot directly to your clipboard instead of saving it as a file, there's a quick and easy way to do so.
Capturing a screenshot on your Mac and copying it to the clipboard is easy! By adding the Control ^ key to the keyboard shortcut you normally use to take a screenshot, you can bypass the step of saving the screenshot as a file, and instead, have it copied directly to your clipboard.Examples:
1) Take a screenshot of the entire screen and copy it to Clipboard ^ Control + ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + 3 2) Take a screenshot of the selected screen and copy it to Clipboard ^ Control + ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + 4 3) Take a screenshot of a window and copy it to Clipboard ^ Control + ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + 4 and Spacebar
This simple trick can save you time and effort, making it easier to share your screenshots with others or paste them into other documents.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Configure AWS Access ID and Secret Keys using CLI on Mac - AWS
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to connect to Microsoft Exchange Online using PowerShell - Powershell
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands - Bash
- 16: Find the largest element in a List - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font - Eclipse
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net - SharePoint
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example - Docker