I have been using Eclipse IDE for almost 8 years now, though I have used various flavours that is build over eclipse like IBM RAD, Netbeans and some PHP IDEs but recently moved to IntelliJ because many say its better for Android App Development. Also, Google released the Official Android Studio ver 1.0 that is based on IntelliJ this year.
The first thing that you will notice is that "Eclipse Keyboard shortcuts: Keymaps do not work on IntelliJ".
The Command + Shift + F, Command + Shift + O and others don't work here!!
It really hard to unlearn these shortcuts then learning those new ones, so I found a solution that lets you use eclipse keymaps with IntelliJ
Steps to Configure Eclipse Keymap
- If you are using Mac OS X
- If you are using Windows OS it should be under tools
Goto Menu: Android Studio -> Preferences
- Now Search Keymap
- You will see a drop down where you can select Eclipse/Eclipse Mac
- Apply changes.
Thats it!! Now try using your good old eclipse keyboard shortcuts on a file, they should work!!
Note: If you come from some other IDE background like Visual Studio, KDE, GNOME, Emacs, Netbeans, JBuilder then you can follow the same steps and select the appropriate keymap or import your own!
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Create assets folder in Android Studio
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- How to update Android Studio
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio]
- Android activity main xml stuck loading
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- Android Studio java.net.NoRouteToHostException
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config - SharePoint
- Rounded Images in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- Java location in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion - SharePoint
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n) - Android
- Failed to sync Gradle project Error:failed to find target android-23 - Android
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout - Android
- No CPU ABI system image available for this target Error Android Virtual Device - Android
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Java Code to check if Twitter app is installed on Android device - Android
- Android : Accidental Octal Lint Warning - Android
- Android activity main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Android
- Google Search Hot Trends Screensaver for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X