I have been using Eclipse IDE for almost 8 years now, though I have used various flavours that is build over eclipse like IBM RAD, Netbeans and some PHP IDEs but recently moved to IntelliJ because many say its better for Android App Development. Also, Google released the Official Android Studio ver 1.0 that is based on IntelliJ this year.
The first thing that you will notice is that "Eclipse Keyboard shortcuts: Keymaps do not work on IntelliJ".
The Command + Shift + F, Command + Shift + O and others don't work here!!
It really hard to unlearn these shortcuts then learning those new ones, so I found a solution that lets you use eclipse keymaps with IntelliJ
Steps to Configure Eclipse Keymap
- If you are using Mac OS X
- If you are using Windows OS it should be under tools
Goto Menu: Android Studio -> Preferences
- Now Search Keymap
- You will see a drop down where you can select Eclipse/Eclipse Mac
- Apply changes.
Thats it!! Now try using your good old eclipse keyboard shortcuts on a file, they should work!!
Note: If you come from some other IDE background like Visual Studio, KDE, GNOME, Emacs, Netbeans, JBuilder then you can follow the same steps and select the appropriate keymap or import your own!
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit
- Create assets folder in Android Studio
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- How to update Android Studio
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio]
- Android activity main xml stuck loading
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- Android Studio java.net.NoRouteToHostException
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template
- Struts2 : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.RequestContext - Java
- Upload Pdf file using PHP Script - PHP
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address - SharePoint
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio 1.0.1 Project - Android-Studio
- How to destroy PHP session() - PHP
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException - SharePoint
- SwissCovid App Launched in Switzerland - News
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc - Android
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android