I have been using Eclipse IDE for almost 8 years now, though I have used various flavours that is build over eclipse like IBM RAD, Netbeans and some PHP IDEs but recently moved to IntelliJ because many say its better for Android App Development. Also, Google released the Official Android Studio ver 1.0 that is based on IntelliJ this year.
The first thing that you will notice is that "Eclipse Keyboard shortcuts: Keymaps do not work on IntelliJ".
The Command + Shift + F, Command + Shift + O and others don't work here!!
It really hard to unlearn these shortcuts then learning those new ones, so I found a solution that lets you use eclipse keymaps with IntelliJ
Steps to Configure Eclipse Keymap
- If you are using Mac OS X
- If you are using Windows OS it should be under tools
Goto Menu: Android Studio -> Preferences
- Now Search Keymap
- You will see a drop down where you can select Eclipse/Eclipse Mac
- Apply changes.
Thats it!! Now try using your good old eclipse keyboard shortcuts on a file, they should work!!
Note: If you come from some other IDE background like Visual Studio, KDE, GNOME, Emacs, Netbeans, JBuilder then you can follow the same steps and select the appropriate keymap or import your own!
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio
- groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException No such property Error
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem
- [Android Studio] MainActivity does not exist
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE
- Android Studio setup was canceled - How to resume
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available
- [Android Studio] Button on click example
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files
- Delete Android Studio Projects
- How to update Android Studio
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- List of 60 useful FTP Client Commands to access server - FTP
- Spell check not working in Gmail : Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations - Eclipse
- Disable jQuery button after being click - jQuery
- Install specific JRE on Ubuntu using apt - Ubuntu
- Parsing CSV file using Java code example (Comma Separated File) - Java