I have been using Eclipse IDE for almost 8 years now, though I have used various flavours that is build over eclipse like IBM RAD, Netbeans and some PHP IDEs but recently moved to IntelliJ because many say its better for Android App Development. Also, Google released the Official Android Studio ver 1.0 that is based on IntelliJ this year.
The first thing that you will notice is that "Eclipse Keyboard shortcuts: Keymaps do not work on IntelliJ".
The Command + Shift + F, Command + Shift + O and others don't work here!!
It really hard to unlearn these shortcuts then learning those new ones, so I found a solution that lets you use eclipse keymaps with IntelliJ
Steps to Configure Eclipse Keymap
- If you are using Mac OS X
- If you are using Windows OS it should be under tools
Goto Menu: Android Studio -> Preferences
- Now Search Keymap
- You will see a drop down where you can select Eclipse/Eclipse Mac
- Apply changes.
Thats it!! Now try using your good old eclipse keyboard shortcuts on a file, they should work!!
Note: If you come from some other IDE background like Visual Studio, KDE, GNOME, Emacs, Netbeans, JBuilder then you can follow the same steps and select the appropriate keymap or import your own!
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio
- How to update Android Studio
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio]
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Android Studio Error: Default Activity not found
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case - Android
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for "struts-tags" - Java
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- Android : Unable to load VM from snapshot : Mac OS X Error - Android
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error - Android
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height - Android
- Align left align text in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut - Android-Studio
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working - Android
- Detect swipes on Android Activity - Android
- Facebook | Error : Sorry, something went wrong We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can - Facebook
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard - Chrome