% python3 xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
If you have recently upgraded your macOS from Mojave to Ventura and you get the invalid active developer error when trying to run Pyton3 scripts on the Mac Terminal, then follow the below steps to fix this issue,
Steps to fix Python "invalid active developer" error macOS
- Open Terminal App,
- Run command xcode-select --install to install Command Line Tools Package.
- You will be prompted,
The "xcode-select" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Choose Install to download and install the command line developer tools now.
- Click Install, it may take a while to download Command Line Tools (based on your internet speed), took around 40 minutes for me.
- Runt Python3 command again and it should work!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows - SharePoint
- Program 6: Find Sum of Two Floating Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- Kill or force quit stuck application or process in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser - WhatsApp
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API - SharePoint
- [Android Studio] Error: Missing system image on device - Android-Studio
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS - MacOS