% python3 xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
If you have recently upgraded your macOS from Mojave to Ventura and you get the invalid active developer error when trying to run Pyton3 scripts on the Mac Terminal, then follow the below steps to fix this issue,
Steps to fix Python "invalid active developer" error macOS
- Open Terminal App,
- Run command xcode-select --install to install Command Line Tools Package.
- You will be prompted,
The "xcode-select" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Choose Install to download and install the command line developer tools now.
- Click Install, it may take a while to download Command Line Tools (based on your internet speed), took around 40 minutes for me.
- Runt Python3 command again and it should work!
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- How to disable button in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Safari appends .html extension to files that are downloaded - Mac-OS-X
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop - Docker
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Error running 'app': No target device found. - Android-Studio
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Fix Ubuntu /bin/sh: 1: zsh: not found error - Ubuntu
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint