⛏️ Just hold Alt + Mouse Drag vertically and horizontally to do column mode editing!
In the above image I have selected the middle row of a CSV that I can change at one go!
Just like Multi-Editing Feature we have Column Mode Editing in Notepad++. We can select multiple lines for editing by Holding Alt key + Mouse Drag.
This might be helpful in various scenarios,
- If you want to add something at the start of each lines and at the end of each line or to make a Sql Script form a CSV file.
- Remove some text at the start of each line simultaneously.
- Add/Remove text at the middle or end of each line.
- Copy a column text and paste it somewhere else.
This may not be useful if you want to edit certain text at certain parts of the document for this you may have to try Multi-Editing.
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for macOS
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Notepad++ do not show CRLF characters
- Reduce the size of Tabs on Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- Fix: Notepad++ bottom status bar not visible
- Notepad++ Hex Editor
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- How to install XML Tools Plugin Notepad++
- Customizing Notepad++ New Document Line Encoding: CR/LF/CR LF
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- [Fix] Notepad++ tab not visible (hidden)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- List all Username and User ID using Bash Command - Bash
- Remove Possible Data Loss Message from Microsoft Excel - Microsoft
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem - Microsoft
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments - Docker
- How to quit or exit SFTP Prompt on Terminal - Linux
- PowerShell ISE Alternative for Mac - Powershell
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API - SharePoint
- How to Restart Apple Silicon based Mac (M1/M2 Chip) in Safe Mode - MacOS