⛏️ Just hold Alt + Mouse Drag vertically and horizontally to do column mode editing!
In the above image I have selected the middle row of a CSV that I can change at one go!
Just like Multi-Editing Feature we have Column Mode Editing in Notepad++. We can select multiple lines for editing by Holding Alt key + Mouse Drag.
This might be helpful in various scenarios,
- If you want to add something at the start of each lines and at the end of each line or to make a Sql Script form a CSV file.
- Remove some text at the start of each line simultaneously.
- Add/Remove text at the middle or end of each line.
- Copy a column text and paste it somewhere else.
This may not be useful if you want to edit certain text at certain parts of the document for this you may have to try Multi-Editing.
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Using Document Map in Notepad++
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Word count in Notepad++
- Notepad++ display files on tab bar as horizontal instead of vertical
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- How to make TextView Text Transparent [Android] - Android
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Google translate in spreadsheet - Google
- SharePoint update append Required Field to display name of mandatory columns - SharePoint
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site - SharePoint
- Android : Neither user 10085 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Android
- Android-Failed to install apk on device EOF Timeout Error - Android
- HTML5 HELLO WORLD Example - Html
- Calculate Area of Square - C-Program
- How to get the Android OS installed version programmatically - Android
- List of Eclipse IDE Versions and future releases : Mars and Neon - Eclipse
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater - Eclipse
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code - Android