⛏️ Just hold Alt + Mouse Drag vertically and horizontally to do column mode editing!
In the above image I have selected the middle row of a CSV that I can change at one go!
Just like Multi-Editing Feature we have Column Mode Editing in Notepad++. We can select multiple lines for editing by Holding Alt key + Mouse Drag.
This might be helpful in various scenarios,
- If you want to add something at the start of each lines and at the end of each line or to make a Sql Script form a CSV file.
- Remove some text at the start of each line simultaneously.
- Add/Remove text at the middle or end of each line.
- Copy a column text and paste it somewhere else.
This may not be useful if you want to edit certain text at certain parts of the document for this you may have to try Multi-Editing.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur] - MacOS
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml - Android-Studio
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- How to enable Dark Mode in Windows 11 - Windows-11