When I first moved from a Windows to a Mac, the first keyboard shortcuts that I had to learn were Cut, Copy, and Paste 😊. I know you must be thinking it is so trivial! Well yes it is but you must know that we use Command Key ⌘ in combination with keys like X - to cut, C - to copy, and - V to paste on windows - this will not work on macOS, you will have to use the Command button instead - Look for this symbol on your Mac Keyboard - ⌘
How to do the "cut" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and X
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard. If it's the text, the selected text will be removed from the document and cached in the clipboard.
How to do the "copy" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and C
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard.
How to do the "Paste" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and V
When both of these keys are pressed together the Clipboard item or text will be attached/appended to the current document. If you use these keys on a clipped file it will get pasted to any other location.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Capitalize SQL Keywords using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to see Storage Information on macOS Ventura - MacOS
- Replace new line with comma in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs - Eclipse
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull - Docker
- How to empty trash in Android Device - Android
- 9 Border to DIV Element in HTML Examples - Html
- [Android] RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Need BLUETOOTH permission - Android