When I first moved from a Windows to a Mac, the first keyboard shortcuts that I had to learn were Cut, Copy, and Paste 😊. I know you must be thinking it is so trivial! Well yes it is but you must know that we use Command Key ⌘ in combination with keys like X - to cut, C - to copy, and - V to paste on windows - this will not work on macOS, you will have to use the Command button instead - Look for this symbol on your Mac Keyboard - ⌘
How to do the "cut" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and X
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard. If it's the text, the selected text will be removed from the document and cached in the clipboard.
How to do the "copy" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and C
When both of these keys are pressed together the selected item or text will be copied to the Clipboard.
How to do the "Paste" operation with the keyboard on Mac?
Command (or Cmd) ⌘ and V
When both of these keys are pressed together the Clipboard item or text will be attached/appended to the current document. If you use these keys on a clipped file it will get pasted to any other location.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Notepad++ Happy vs Unhappy Versions - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Sign Up for ChatGPT AI Chat Bot with Steps - HowTos
- Git Rename master branch make to main using Command - Git
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13 - MacOS
- Python: Convert int to binary String - Python
- [Fix] Cannot resolve No versions available for org.osgi.service:org.osgi.service.prefs:jar:[1.1.0,1.2.0) within specified range - Java
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft] - Microsoft
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365] - Microsoft