If you get this error message when you are trying to drop a MySQL database say my_database then the reason for this is File Permissions (Error code 13).
Whenever we create a database, a directory is created under mysql/var/ ( XAMPP: XAMPP/xamppfiles/mysql/var/) with the same name as that of your database, this directory contains a file called db.opt which contains metadata related to the database.
OK! but Why this error? : All MySQL related files are stored in your filesystem, if you try to DROP the database, the corresponding db.opt, and the DB directory is to be deleted but it may be so that you do not have permissions to delete directories and files.How can I get Access to delete db.opt file and hence the database:
- Locate your database directory.
- Check its access permissions
- Change it to something like 0777 using CHMOD command recursively.
- Now try to run DROP database <database-name>
- Things should go right this time!
If your server is located at a remote location you can access it FTP clients and change dir/file permissions using tool options.
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error
- MySQL Error :1006 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_DB) Message: Can't create database 'mydb' (errno: 28)
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150)
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog - Android
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager - Android
- Facebook Down Will Be Back Soon - Facebook
- How to check installed Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit - Eclipse
- How to create an Autocomplete Android EditText Example - Android
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android - Android
- Two Buttons next to each other in Android Layout - Android
- JSON Datatypes : Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated - Eclipse
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled - SharePoint
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- The author stylesheet specified in tag script is too long - document contains 21759 bytes whereas the limit is 10000 bytes - Html
- Facebook Graph API Unavailable - Facebook