If you get this error message when you are trying to drop a MySQL database say my_database then the reason for this is File Permissions (Error code 13).
Whenever we create a database, a directory is created under mysql/var/ ( XAMPP: XAMPP/xamppfiles/mysql/var/) with the same name as that of your database, this directory contains a file called db.opt which contains metadata related to the database.
OK! but Why this error? : All MySQL related files are stored in your filesystem, if you try to DROP the database, the corresponding db.opt, and the DB directory is to be deleted but it may be so that you do not have permissions to delete directories and files.How can I get Access to delete db.opt file and hence the database:
- Locate your database directory.
- Check its access permissions
- Change it to something like 0777 using CHMOD command recursively.
- Now try to run DROP database <database-name>
- Things should go right this time!
If your server is located at a remote location you can access it FTP clients and change dir/file permissions using tool options.
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
- MySQL ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax [fix]
- [fix] Loading class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver is deprecated
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150)
- MySQL: Error Code: 1175 You are using safe update mode
- MySQL Query for Schema/Structure of a Table
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error
- Fix mySQL Error Cant connect to local MySQL server through socket /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock ERROR 2002 HY000
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table
- [Fix] MySQL No database selected - ERROR 1046 (3D000)
- How to clear MySQL Console Screen
- [Fix] MySQL Docker ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user root@localhost (using password: YES/NO)
- Fix MySQL ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user root@localhost (using password: YES)
- Display List of Databases in mysql Command Line
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists
- Fix MySQL - Error: (OperationalError) (HY000) [08S01] Communications link failure
- MySQL: How to Select Database via Terminal/Command Line
- MySQL Error :1006 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_DB) Message: Can't create database 'mydb' (errno: 28)
- How to query database table names [MySQL/Oracle/SQL Server]
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error
- Identify MySQL version in MySQL Command Line Prompt
- How to kill service running on a port on Ubuntu Linux - Ubuntu
- macOS Ventura 13: The default interactive shell is now zsh - zsh
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities - Android
- MySQL: Error Code: 1175 You are using safe update mode - MySQL
- [Updated] macOS 13 Ventura Supported Mac Devices List - MacOS
- Fix: Maven - Failed to execute goal - Compilation failure - Source/Target option 5 is no longer supported. Use 7 or later - Java
- How to Hum a Song to Google to find it out! [Android and iPhone] - Google
- Program 5: Find Sum of Two Integer Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs