If you get this error message when you are trying to drop a MySQL database say my_database then the reason for this is File Permissions (Error code 13).
Whenever we create a database, a directory is created under mysql/var/ ( XAMPP: XAMPP/xamppfiles/mysql/var/) with the same name as that of your database, this directory contains a file called db.opt which contains metadata related to the database.
OK! but Why this error? : All MySQL related files are stored in your filesystem, if you try to DROP the database, the corresponding db.opt, and the DB directory is to be deleted but it may be so that you do not have permissions to delete directories and files.How can I get Access to delete db.opt file and hence the database:
- Locate your database directory.
- Check its access permissions
- Change it to something like 0777 using CHMOD command recursively.
- Now try to run DROP database <database-name>
- Things should go right this time!
If your server is located at a remote location you can access it FTP clients and change dir/file permissions using tool options.
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error
- MySQL Error :1006 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_DB) Message: Can't create database 'mydb' (errno: 28)
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150)
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT fileds value in mysql table
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration - Android
- Get Wifi Details : Android Programming - Android
- JSON Syntax : JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Word count in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example - Android
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager - Android
- [Notepad++] Remove CR Carriage Return and LF Line feed (CRLF) - NotepadPlusPlus
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout - Android-Studio
- How to get Mobile Screen Resolution Width and Height programatically - Android
- Tomcat Manager Default Username and Password - Tomcat
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail - Google
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion - SharePoint
- Find Sum of two numbers - C-Program
- Struts 2 Hello World Example in Eclipse - Java