If you get this error message when you are trying to drop a MySQL database say my_database then the reason for this is File Permissions (Error code 13).
Whenever we create a database, a directory is created under mysql/var/ ( XAMPP: XAMPP/xamppfiles/mysql/var/) with the same name as that of your database, this directory contains a file called db.opt which contains metadata related to the database.
OK! but Why this error? : All MySQL related files are stored in your filesystem, if you try to DROP the database, the corresponding db.opt, and the DB directory is to be deleted but it may be so that you do not have permissions to delete directories and files.How can I get Access to delete db.opt file and hence the database:
- Locate your database directory.
- Check its access permissions
- Change it to something like 0777 using CHMOD command recursively.
- Now try to run DROP database <database-name>
- Things should go right this time!
If your server is located at a remote location you can access it FTP clients and change dir/file permissions using tool options.
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table
- MySQL: Error Code: 1175 You are using safe update mode
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied)
- MySQL ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax [fix]
- MySQL Error :1006 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_DB) Message: Can't create database 'mydb' (errno: 28)
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150)
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac - MacOS
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help - Android
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later - Google
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater - Eclipse
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled - Android-Studio