XML files are really hard to read if not in proper indentations. An easy way to do so is by using text editors like sublime and notepad++.
If you have an XML file with data unformatted, notepad++ is a great tool to format (indent or prettify) your XML file contents.
But the XML formatting plugin is not added to notepad++ by default. So you need to download libXML2-based plugin called XML tools
Downloading XML tools plugin:
- Go to notepad++ menu, under Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> Show plugin Manager.
- Now look for XML tools and tick the respective check-box, and Download the plugin.
- You will be asked to restart notepad++ after the plugin is installed to take effect.
Lets test the xml plugin:
Open your XML file that needs to be formatted.
Now go to Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> XML Tools -> Pretty Print (XML Only), you will see that the data of the xml file is now well formatted.
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar
- How to hide lines in Notepad++
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Portable Notepad++ for windows
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- Word count in Notepad++
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Java 8: Steam map with Code Examples - Java
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365 - SharePoint
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- [Maven] Multiple annotations found at this line pom.xml CoreException, ArtifactResolutionException - Java
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Facebook Down Will Be Back Soon - Facebook
- How to add ruler in Sublime Text tab window - Sublime-Text
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android