XML files are really hard to read if not in proper indentations. An easy way to do so is by using text editors like sublime and notepad++.
If you have an XML file with data unformatted, notepad++ is a great tool to format (indent or prettify) your XML file contents.
But the XML formatting plugin is not added to notepad++ by default. So you need to download libXML2-based plugin called XML tools
Downloading XML tools plugin:
- Go to notepad++ menu, under Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> Show plugin Manager.
- Now look for XML tools and tick the respective check-box, and Download the plugin.
- You will be asked to restart notepad++ after the plugin is installed to take effect.
Lets test the xml plugin:
Open your XML file that needs to be formatted.
Now go to Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> XML Tools -> Pretty Print (XML Only), you will see that the data of the xml file is now well formatted.
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location
- [Tutorial] Write And Run Python Code In Notepad++ Editor
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++
- How to Change Notepad++ Toolbar Icons and size
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++
- Multiple ways to Convert tabs with spaces in Notepad++
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- Open file using CMD in Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Notepad++ sort by name with example
- Notepad++ insert a blank line above or below the current line example
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Encode/Decode URL Query String in Notepad++
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++
- How to create MD5 digest in Notepad++
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email - Git
- 10 FTP SFTP Clients and Alternatives - FTP
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons - Android
- W3 HTML validator warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode - Html
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements - SharePoint
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary - Android-Studio
- Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.PlatformProvider - Android
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus