XML files are really hard to read if not in proper indentations. An easy way to do so is by using text editors like sublime and notepad++.
If you have an XML file with data unformatted, notepad++ is a great tool to format (indent or prettify) your XML file contents.
But the XML formatting plugin is not added to notepad++ by default. So you need to download libXML2-based plugin called XML tools
Downloading XML tools plugin:
- Go to notepad++ menu, under Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> Show plugin Manager.
- Now look for XML tools and tick the respective check-box, and Download the plugin.
- You will be asked to restart notepad++ after the plugin is installed to take effect.
Lets test the xml plugin:
Open your XML file that needs to be formatted.
Now go to Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> XML Tools -> Pretty Print (XML Only), you will see that the data of the xml file is now well formatted.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming - Android
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net - SharePoint
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android - Android
- Running Android Lint has encountered a problem NullPointerException Error - Android
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Change label (text) color in tkinter - Python
- How to make div or text in html unselectable using CSS - CSS
- JSON with PHP Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Save webpage as pdf in Google Chrome for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari - MacOS
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error - MacOS
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin - Teams
- Unbound classpath container: JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7] - Java
- Make div element draggable using jQuery - jQuery
- Microsoft Lists and SharePoint Online edit grid view - use undo and redo changes - SharePoint