You can always make use of regular expressions in Notepad++ to add single or double quotes to a file, but if the data is of type CSV then it can get a bit tricky.
The best way to do this is by making use of a plugin called "CSV Lint"
- Download the CSV Lint Plugin.
- Open the CSV Lint Window from Plugins menu.
- Click on Detect Columns
- Next, click on Reformat.
- Under "General Setting", click on "Re-apply quotes", choose from the options.
- All values
- None / Minimal
- All string values
- All non-numeric values
- Click OK to apply.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human Windows 11 PC with Notepad++.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++
- Change the default Line Encoding Notepad++ (CR LF)
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case
- Must have CSV Plugins for Notepad++
- How to lock Notepad++ tabs?
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- How to change background color in Notepad++
- Notepad++ sort by name with example
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored?
- Notepad++: How to add Quotes to CSV File
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- How choose alternate Tab Bar icon in Notepad++
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- How to connect Relational and NoSQL databases with Spring Boot - HowTos
- How to install Google Chrome using Mac Terminal - Google
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically - Android
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu - Linux
- Java JDBC Transition Management using PreparedStatement Examples - Java
- How to Rename a Git Local Branch Using the --move Option - Git
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue. - Microsoft
- Java: Convert String to Binary - Java