⛏️ Just hold Alt + Mouse Drag vertically and horizontally to do column mode editing!
In the above image I have selected the middle row of a CSV that I can change at one go!
Just like Multi-Editing Feature we have Column Mode Editing in Notepad++. We can select multiple lines for editing by Holding Alt key + Mouse Drag.
This might be helpful in various scenarios,
- If you want to add something at the start of each lines and at the end of each line or to make a Sql Script form a CSV file.
- Remove some text at the start of each line simultaneously.
- Add/Remove text at the middle or end of each line.
- Copy a column text and paste it somewhere else.
This may not be useful if you want to edit certain text at certain parts of the document for this you may have to try Multi-Editing.
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++
- Change the default Line Encoding Notepad++ (CR LF)
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case
- Must have CSV Plugins for Notepad++
- How to lock Notepad++ tabs?
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- How to change background color in Notepad++
- Notepad++ sort by name with example
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored?
- Notepad++: How to add Quotes to CSV File
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- How choose alternate Tab Bar icon in Notepad++
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- cURL Option to show HTTP Response Status Code - cURL
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located? - MacOS
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell - Powershell
- How to install pip on macOS using terminal command [Python] - Python
- Blank Operations in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Spring Boot: Transactions Management with JDBCTemplate Example - Java
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11) - Windows
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar - NotepadPlusPlus