You may have noticed, when you Close or Quit an App on your Mac device they stay on the Dock. This is the default behavior of macOS Ventura (and the older versions Catalina, Big Sur, Mojave and so no)
If you want the App icons to disappear from the Dock when you close them then you can do that on macOS Ventura by clicking on the Apple Menu and selecting System Settings... -> Desktop & Dock and disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
Step by Step: Disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Mac Menu Bar ,
- Select System Settings...,
- Now from the left side bar select Desktop & Dock,
- Turn Off - "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Close Settings App.
Now as soon as you Quit an App the icon will disappear from the Dock.
✏️ Cool Tip: Press Command ⌘ + Q button to Close and Quit the App
✋️ If you are on macOS below Ventura 13, the System Settings is called as System Preferences -> Dock -> Show recent applications in Dock.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Change the background of Tkinter label or text - Python
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android
- How to adjust MacBook Desktop icons size - MacOS
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql - Java
- Tutorial : Simple Lightweight Pure CSS based Vertical Navigation Menu - CSS
- [Solution] Mac Update Stuck Preparing macOS Ventura 13.0 About 30 minutes remaining - MacOS
- Eclipse Java: Multiple markers at this line error - Eclipse
- Save webpage as pdf in Google Chrome for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X