You may have noticed, when you Close or Quit an App on your Mac device they stay on the Dock. This is the default behavior of macOS Ventura (and the older versions Catalina, Big Sur, Mojave and so no)
If you want the App icons to disappear from the Dock when you close them then you can do that on macOS Ventura by clicking on the Apple Menu and selecting System Settings... -> Desktop & Dock and disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
Step by Step: Disable "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Mac Menu Bar ,
- Select System Settings...,
- Now from the left side bar select Desktop & Dock,
- Turn Off - "Show recent applications in Dock"
- Close Settings App.
Now as soon as you Quit an App the icon will disappear from the Dock.
✏️ Cool Tip: Press Command ⌘ + Q button to Close and Quit the App
✋️ If you are on macOS below Ventura 13, the System Settings is called as System Preferences -> Dock -> Show recent applications in Dock.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- How to SFTP to port different than 22 (SFTP Custom port) - FTP
- Change Font Size in Visual Studio Code - HowTos
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS - MacOS
- Java 8 Streams map() with examples - Java
- How to disable Microsoft teams from startup Windows 10 - Teams
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file - MacOS
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS) - MacOS