✌️ Prerequisite : You have installed Java Runtime Environment (any version jre6, jre7 or jre8)
Let's see how you can set Java_Home Environment variable for Windows Operating systems,Step 1. Find-out where JRE has been installed
Once you install JRE you need to locate where java has been installed on your system. And the folder that you need to look for is Program Files
⚡️ Note : If you have a 64-bit Windows Operating system installed then you will have 2 program files folders under C:/
- Program Files
- Program Files(x86)
If you find the Java folder under "Program Files(x86)" then the installed java version is 32-bit if you find it under "C:/Program Files/Java" means Java version is 64-bit.
Look that you can see jre6 folder under java directory, i.e. : C:/Program Files/Java/jre6 or C:/Program Files(86)/Java/jre6
Step 2. Setting-up JAVA_HOME
- Right Click on My Computer icon and select Properties option and Select Advance tab.
- Now look for Environment Variable button and Click on it.
- Now look for System Variables and click on New,
- Add Variable name => JAVA_HOME and Variable value => C:/Program Files/Java/jre7 or C:/Program Files(86)/Java/jre7
- Click OK and Apply Changes.
For Windows 7
- Go to Start menu and select Computer
- Select System Properties from the context menu
- Now click on Advanced system settings and go to Advanced tab
- Now click on Environment Variables
- Under System Variables look for PATH.
- Modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH.
- Reopen Command prompt window, run your java code, if the code works, path is been set correctly.
Setting JAVA_HOME using Eclipse
You can set the Java environment variable in eclipse by going to,
Eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs
Now here you can search for the location where the JRE is been installed and select it.
- How to install Java 11 on Mac
- Get Client IP address from HTTP Response in Java
- SharePoint Open in the client application document opens in browser
- How to verify if java is installed on the computer and get version detail
- Java - Check if array contains the value
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console
- How to run Java Unit Test cases with Apache Maven?
- What Java version is used for Minecraft 1.18
- List of jar files for Jax-ws (SOAP) based Java Web Services
- [Fix] Java Exception with Lambda - Cannot invoke because object is null
- Convert Instant timestamp into LocalDateTime Java Code Example
- Java - Calculate time taken for the code to execute in milliseconds or nanoseconds
- Create simple struts2 project using maven commands
- Java - PatternSyntaxException
- List of Online Java compiler with console
- Minecraft Java Edition
- How to declare and initialize Array in Java Programming
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException
- Java XML-RPC 3.1.x based web service example
- Simple Struts 2 Tutorial in eclipse with tomcat 7 server
- Java 8 foreach loop code examples
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum
- Java 8 - Convert List to Map Examples
- Java: TimeZone List with GMT/UTC Offset
- list of jars required for hibernate 4.x.x
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- Sublime Text 3 Convert Case to Upper, Lower, Title or Swap - Sublime-Text
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum - Java
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty - SharePoint
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting - Teams