root@8b4ed5e4957e:/# aws s3 mb s3://myBucket make_bucket failed: s3://myBucket An error occurred (BucketAlreadyExists) when calling the CreateBucket operation: The requested bucket name is not available. The bucket namespace is shared by all users of the system. Please select a different name and try again.
If you are trying to create an S3 bucket using the AWS CLI command, you may come across this error often BucketAlreadyExists as the bucket namespace is shared for all users using the AWS S3 service, so it is quite likely that the bucket name that you have chosen already exists.
Choose a name that is unique - the most common thing would be to add a unique suffix to your bucket name.
- Quick way to install AWS CLI for macOS Terminal
- How to Setup AWS Credentials using Visual Studio Code
- AW3 CLI command to get list of all region names
- AWS S3 CLI BucketAlreadyExists when calling CreateBucket Error make_bucket failed
- [Solution] AWS Java SDK S3 AmazonS3Exception InvalidAccessKeyId
- How to install AWS CLI on Ubuntu
- Fix AWS CLI 2 SignatureDoesNotMatch Error - Signature we calculated does not match
- [Solution] com.amazonaws.dynamodb.v20120810 MissingAuthenticationToken Key Id or X.509 certificate
- How to install AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Create an S3 bucket in a specific AWS region using CLI Command
- Get the total size and number of objects of a AWS S3 bucket and folders
- Most Essencial AWS CLI 2 S3 ls Command Options
- Setting and Updating AWS CLI Configuration
- Create S3 bucket using AWS CLI Command mb
- Quick way to setup AWS DynamoDB locally on macOS