When you try to run Python3 command or most developer commands on the macOS Sonoma Terminal app you will be prompted to install the xcode-select tools.
Code2care@Mac % python3 --version xcode-select: note: No developer tools were found, requesting install. If developer tools are located at a non-default location on disk, use `sudo xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app` to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools, and cancel the installation dialog. See `man xcode-select` for more details.
The "python3" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Choose Install to download and install the command line developer tools now.
Once you click on install you will see a finding software window, which will soon turn into an error as below,
Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server
- Step 1:
- Step 2:
Locate Command Line Tools for Xcode 15 and download it (the size of this Command Line Tool installer dmg is around 650 MB).
- Step 3:
Install the dmg once downloaded.
- Step 4:
Now when you try to run Python3 command in Terminal it should work!
You can install the xcode-select tool using the homebrew package manager.
To install Command Line Tools directly, run the below command on the Terminal and follow the instructions that will come up as a dialog.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to Open Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- How to embed web page in SharePoint - SharePoint
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac - MacOS
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example - Java
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Bash Command to Find String in a File - Bash