In order to run a Python (.py extension) file from the Mac Terminal all you need to do is type python3 followed by the name of the Python file.Example:
- Open Mac Terminal,
% python3 HelloWorld.py Hello World!
If you are using an older version of Python, then you may have to use python instead of python3
If Python is not installed on your Mac you will get an error,
% python3 HelloWorld.py zsh: command not found: python3
Have Questions? Post them here!
- tkinter - Hello World! Program
- How to install Python Specific version (3.8, 3.9 or 3.10) using Brew
- How to install SpaCy (NLP Library) on Mac
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- How to uninstall pip Python packages
- 3 Ways to find if element is present in a List in Python
- How to Convert Python String to DateTime Object
- Python f-strings Formatted String Literals Syntax and Examples
- Where does brew install python in macOS
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming
- Advanced print() Function Tutorial and Techniques for Python Developers
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- Whats new in Python 3.10 Pre-release
- Float built-in function in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- How to check if Key Exists in Python Dictionary?
- Read a file line by line in Python Program
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named qdarkstyle.colorsystem [Python]
- What is the Max and Minimum Value of int type in Python?
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- Fix: TypeError: can only concatenate str (not int) to str in Python
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program
- [Fix] TypeError: str object is not callable in Python
- 3 Python program to add two numbers
- How to delete a file using Python code example
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Studio setup was canceled - How to resume - Android-Studio
- Android M cannot run app using play button : Android Studio - Android
- How to Connect to AWS Windows EC2 UI Instance from M1 Mac (Updated 2022) - HowTos
- How to format or prettify XML in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to integrate Salesforce CRM Sales and Service with Microsoft Teams - Teams