Code2care@Mac % telnet example.com 443 zsh: command not found: telnet
If you try to run the telnet command on your Mac which is running on macOS Catalina (10.15) or higher. You will get the error "telnet command not found". This is because since Catalina, telnet command binary has been removed from Mac due to security concerns, as it transmits data in plain text, which can be intercepted and read by an attacker and they can steal sensitive data such as passwords.
The alternative is to make use of the telnet is the nc command.
% man nc NAME nc – arbitrary TCP and UDP connections and listens ... ... DESCRIPTION The nc (or netcat) utility is used for just about anything under the sun involving TCP or UDP. It can open TCP connections, send UDP packets, listen on arbitrary TCP and UDP ports, do port scanning, and deal with both IPv4 and IPv6. Unlike telnet(1), nc scripts nicely, and separates error messages onto standard error instead of sending them to standard output, as telnet(1) does with some. Common uses include: • simple TCP proxies • shell-script based HTTP clients and servers • network daemon testing • a SOCKS or HTTP ProxyCommand for ssh(1) • and much, much more The options are as follows: -4 Forces nc to use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Forces nc to use IPv6 addresses only. -A Set SO_RECV_ANYIF on socket. ...
nc code2care.org 443
brew install telnet
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- Read a file using Java 8 Stream - Java
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS) - MacOS
- TypeError: must be str, not int [Fix Python] - Python
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing - MacOS
- No CPU ABI system image available for this target Error Android Virtual Device - Android
- How to install Google Chrome using Mac Terminal - Google
- Take input argument from command line in Python Programming - Python
- How to Cut Copy and Paste in Nano Text Editor - Linux