Fetch as Google is the fastest way to get your pages crawled quickly by the Google Search engine bots.
Google has recently changed the way Fetch as Google used to work. Now it has to Fetch and Fetches and Render options. When you submit a page to be crawled, you can see that the status field shows values as crawled Partially, Completely, Redirected or an Error occurred.
If you notice that the Status for a crawled page is Redirected, try the following,
- Just re-verify that the link actually exists!. Just copy the complete URL in the browser address filed and see if the webpage is loaded.
- If the URL exists and still you get an error just check if the URL is case-sensitive (Linux hosting URL are case sensitive if .htdocs settings are not present to handle them).
- If your page is an index page (or default page) then you must have a trailing slash (/) at the end of the URL or else you may face such an issue. I had recently noticed the same issue, wherein after a page is submitted without a trailing slash the webmaster page keeps reloading in an endless loop and the page is not getting crawled.
⛏️ If still, you face the redirection issue check your .htdocs settings.
Below you can see that a page, when sublimed to the crawler, gave a redirection error when the slash was missing, while got resolved when the slash was added.
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features - SharePoint
- How to make jsfiddle bootstrap ready - CSS
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse - Eclipse
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Android
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows - Android-Studio
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7 - Android
- Tutorial : Simple Lightweight Pure CSS based Vertical Navigation Menu - CSS
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request - Google
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name - SharePoint
- Calculate Volume of Cube - C-Program
- The service instance "Microsoft SharePoint Insights" could not be provisioned because of the following error: Authentication information for SPInsights service has not been set yet - SharePoint
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio - Android-Studio