Fetch as Google is the fastest way to get your pages crawled quickly by the Google Search engine bots.
Google has recently changed the way Fetch as Google used to work. Now it has to Fetch and Fetches and Render options. When you submit a page to be crawled, you can see that the status field shows values as crawled Partially, Completely, Redirected or an Error occurred.
If you notice that the Status for a crawled page is Redirected, try the following,
- Just re-verify that the link actually exists!. Just copy the complete URL in the browser address filed and see if the webpage is loaded.
- If the URL exists and still you get an error just check if the URL is case-sensitive (Linux hosting URL are case sensitive if .htdocs settings are not present to handle them).
- If your page is an index page (or default page) then you must have a trailing slash (/) at the end of the URL or else you may face such an issue. I had recently noticed the same issue, wherein after a page is submitted without a trailing slash the webmaster page keeps reloading in an endless loop and the page is not getting crawled.
⛏️ If still, you face the redirection issue check your .htdocs settings.
Below you can see that a page, when sublimed to the crawler, gave a redirection error when the slash was missing, while got resolved when the slash was added.
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css - CSS
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html) - WhatsApp
- Calculate Volume of Cone - C-Program
- Install Cygwin on Windows PC to learn Objective-C - Objective-C
- Spell check not working in Gmail : Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed - Android
- How to change Chrome Spell Check from UK English to US English - Chrome
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Safari appends .html extension to files that are downloaded - Mac-OS-X
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow - SharePoint
- Chessboard with pieces using pure HTML and CSS - Html
- Simple Struts 2 Tutorial in eclipse with tomcat 7 server - Java
- bash: command not found error on macOS Terminal, Linux, Unix or Windows - MacOS
- Android Studio Change SDK Path - Android