Fetch as Google is the fastest way to get your pages crawled quickly by the Google Search engine bots.
Google has recently changed the way Fetch as Google used to work. Now it has to Fetch and Fetches and Render options. When you submit a page to be crawled, you can see that the status field shows values as crawled Partially, Completely, Redirected or an Error occurred.
If you notice that the Status for a crawled page is Redirected, try the following,
- Just re-verify that the link actually exists!. Just copy the complete URL in the browser address filed and see if the webpage is loaded.
- If the URL exists and still you get an error just check if the URL is case-sensitive (Linux hosting URL are case sensitive if .htdocs settings are not present to handle them).
- If your page is an index page (or default page) then you must have a trailing slash (/) at the end of the URL or else you may face such an issue. I had recently noticed the same issue, wherein after a page is submitted without a trailing slash the webmaster page keeps reloading in an endless loop and the page is not getting crawled.
⛏️ If still, you face the redirection issue check your .htdocs settings.
Below you can see that a page, when sublimed to the crawler, gave a redirection error when the slash was missing, while got resolved when the slash was added.
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cylinder - C-Program
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Calculate Volume of Ellipsoid - C-Program
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint
- Get Browser Screen Width and Height dynamically using jquery - jQuery
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error - SharePoint
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android