Fetch as Google is the fastest way to get your pages crawled quickly by the Google Search engine bots.
Google has recently changed the way Fetch as Google used to work. Now it has to Fetch and Fetches and Render options. When you submit a page to be crawled, you can see that the status field shows values as crawled Partially, Completely, Redirected or an Error occurred.
If you notice that the Status for a crawled page is Redirected, try the following,
- Just re-verify that the link actually exists!. Just copy the complete URL in the browser address filed and see if the webpage is loaded.
- If the URL exists and still you get an error just check if the URL is case-sensitive (Linux hosting URL are case sensitive if .htdocs settings are not present to handle them).
- If your page is an index page (or default page) then you must have a trailing slash (/) at the end of the URL or else you may face such an issue. I had recently noticed the same issue, wherein after a page is submitted without a trailing slash the webmaster page keeps reloading in an endless loop and the page is not getting crawled.
⛏️ If still, you face the redirection issue check your .htdocs settings.
Below you can see that a page, when sublimed to the crawler, gave a redirection error when the slash was missing, while got resolved when the slash was added.
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size - MacOS
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts] - Microsoft
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- How to add border to Android Button - Android