Fetch as Google is the fastest way to get your pages crawled quickly by the Google Search engine bots.
Google has recently changed the way Fetch as Google used to work. Now it has to Fetch and Fetches and Render options. When you submit a page to be crawled, you can see that the status field shows values as crawled Partially, Completely, Redirected or an Error occurred.
If you notice that the Status for a crawled page is Redirected, try the following,
- Just re-verify that the link actually exists!. Just copy the complete URL in the browser address filed and see if the webpage is loaded.
- If the URL exists and still you get an error just check if the URL is case-sensitive (Linux hosting URL are case sensitive if .htdocs settings are not present to handle them).
- If your page is an index page (or default page) then you must have a trailing slash (/) at the end of the URL or else you may face such an issue. I had recently noticed the same issue, wherein after a page is submitted without a trailing slash the webmaster page keeps reloading in an endless loop and the page is not getting crawled.
⛏️ If still, you face the redirection issue check your .htdocs settings.
Below you can see that a page, when sublimed to the crawler, gave a redirection error when the slash was missing, while got resolved when the slash was added.
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Turn Off Google Analytics intelligence Alert Emails
- Google translate in spreadsheet
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white - Android
- Disable EditText Cursor Android - Android
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error - MySQL
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList - SharePoint
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime - SharePoint
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help - Android
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue - Android
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android