⚠️ PROBLEMYou receive error "This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows" while creating a new SharePoint custom List from Excel. This error will occur in Modern experience and not in Classic SharePoint experience.
⛏️ ANALYSISThere is no problem in the excel spreadsheet table data. Data formatted as table, no blank rows, no blank cells for Title column, but still getting error.
Check how many rows you have in the selected table. Is it over 20000 ?
✔️ SOLUTION / FIXThis is a limit set by Microsoft. You can import maximum 20000 rows from Excel table. You will receive the error if there are more than 20000 rows in your excel.
If you have more than 20000 entries, the best approach is to select less than 20000 rows in the excel table and then add more rows using the Quick Edit option.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- How to Open Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- How to embed web page in SharePoint - SharePoint
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac - MacOS
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example - Java
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Bash Command to Find String in a File - Bash