The quickest way to install PowerShell on the Mac is by using the Terminal and the brew package manager.
Steps to install PowerShell on Mac
- Open Terminal App.
- Now run the brew cask command as below,
% brew install --cask powershell .. ==> Downloading https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases/download/v7.3. ... installer: Package name is PowerShell - 7.3.6 installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install was successful. 🍺 powershell was successfully installed!
- Once the installation is complete, just type pwsh to enter the PowerShell prompt.
Code2care@Mac % pwsh PowerShell 7.3.6 PS /Users/c2ctech>
Well, that's it! You have PowerShell now running on your Mac!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Powershell,
- PowerShell: How to Check if a Module is Already Installed
- PowerShell: How to Write Output to a File
- PowerShell: Steps to Connect to connect to Exchange Online
- PowerShell Fix: Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer
- PowerShell Traditional For Loop Example
- How to Run PowerShell Script as Administrator (Elevate)
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to delete a file using PowerShell [Windows/macOS]
- PowerShell: Grep Command Alternative - Select-String
- PowerShell Concatenate String Examples
- How to add Sleep to PowerShell Script
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- List of PowerShell Function Commands for Mac
- How to Connect to Azure AD Account using PowerShell on Mac
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Set Environment Variable in PowerShell for Mac
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- How to check PowerShell version
- How to install PowerShell on Mac using Brew
- PowerShell Switch Statement with Examples
- PowerShell ISE Alternative for Mac
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to find Integer MAX and MIN Value in Java - Java
- How to create a SharePoint list from an existing list with same columns, views, formatting, data - SharePoint
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac - Python
- Program 1: Print Hello World! - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- ls Command to See Hidden Files - Linux
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found - Linux
- How to Connect to Azure AD Account using PowerShell on Mac - Powershell