What is the iPhone name, and where is it used?
The "Name" of your iPhone is used as a display of the name of your device. This name is used to identify your iPhone when it's connected to other devices such as AirPods, Bluetooth Speakers, or even your iPads, Macbook, a computer, or other iOS devices, and when it appears on a network.
Say for example, you have multiple iPhones in your household, giving each iPhone a unique name can help you identify which iPhone you are connecting to. Additionally, some apps may also use the name of your iPhone as a way to identify your device within the app, especially if you are using features like AirDrop or sharing your location with friends or family.
How to change the display name of your iPhone?
To change the display name of your iPhone all you need to do is, go to the Settings app and tab on General, select the option About and you should see Name at the top, tap on it, the iOS Keyboard shall appear and you can rename your iPhone name and tap on done.
Step-by-Step Guide with images
- Step 1: Open Settings App on your iPhone
- Step 2:Tap on General
- Step 3: Tap on About
- Step 4: Tap on Name
- Step 5: Change the name of your iPhone and tap on done
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to know the MAC address of iPhone/iPad Wifi
- Xcode 13 - unknown error compiling for iOS 15.0 but module has a minimum deployment target of iOS 15.2
- [fix] iCloud - Verification Failed: An unknown error occurred Apple ID
- How to Show Battery Percentage inside iPhone 12-14 Battery Indicator?
- Turn Off Auto-Brightness on iPhone running iOS 16
- Release Date and iPhone Devices that will Support iOS 16
- How to Change Name on iPhone under Settings
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone
- How to reset AirPods or AirPods Pro using iPhone/iPad or iPod
- How to initiate a photo request on iPhone from Mac Monterey
- How to Sync iPhone with iPad
- How to clear Cache, Cookies and History on iPhone Safari
- pip/pip3 ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied - PIP
- Display Output in Java Console as a Table - Java
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command - MacOS
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial - Android
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD - Bash
- Change the default login shell on macOS Ventura 13.0 - MacOS
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming - Python
- How to Copy Entire Directory to another Directory in Linux - Linux