Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.
❓️ When is Flash going to end ?Adobe announced in July 2017 that it will stop distributing and updating Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and that will the End Of Life for Flash, one of the most powerful software used for games (desktop and mobile), animations, rich internet/desktop/mobile applications, play and embed video in web applications.
The announcement was made in collaboration with several technology partners – like Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla. The partners too issued complementary announcements with more technical detail on what the Flash Player End Of Life will mean for developers, enterprises, and consumers using their specific OS environments or browsers.
❓️ Why is Flash ending ?Flash is an older and slower technology and newer sites are migrating to open web technologies which are faster, more power-efficient and secure than Flash. Banking and shopping has gone mobile/web in last few years and gaining more popularity, which is here to stay for long. Safety is the key while banking and shopping online.
Open web standards like HTML5, WebGL, and WebAssembly have matured over the years and are better alternatives to Flash. Major browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox are integrating these open standards into their browsers and deprecating most older plug-ins like Adobe Flash Player.
⚡️ What next for end users / customers ?Need not worry if you are a regular user or client. The concerned venodrs have already taken note of this are must be working on revanmping the experience. They will work, or must have already done by now, on upgrading their code with an alternative of Flash, like HRML5.
Adobe will not issue updates or security patches after the EOL Date. Users are recommended to uninstall Flash Player before the EOL date (Windows and Mac users).
⛏️ What next for developers ?Developers had much advance notice when this was announced in 2017. Concerned developers would already have migrated existing Flash content to newer open standards by now.
QAdobe has clearly stated that there will be no further updates and support provided, and Flash will stop completely. Most major browsers will stop support by December 31 2020. If you have not planned yet, then you do not have much time in hand, start planning and take this up on priority.
Users will be prompted by Adobe to uninstall Flash Player on their machines later this year and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.
- 5 Programming Languages to Learn in the Year 2021
- Mac - Steam Needs to Be Online to Update. Please confirm your network connection and try again error
- Uber and UberEats App down - issues with network, login, navigation, fare price, orders
- John Robert Lewis dies at 80
- Tesla hit by a complete network and mobile app outage - 23 Sept 2020 11am ET (US and Europe)
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020
- airbnb website and mobile App is down worldwide - clear browser cache or reinstall app to fix error
- Telegram down in Europe - users facing connection issues and 500 Internal Server error
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon.
- Spotify is down for iOS and Android globally - error no internet connection available, something went wrong