What is the iPhone name, and where is it used?
The "Name" of your iPhone is used as a display of the name of your device. This name is used to identify your iPhone when it's connected to other devices such as AirPods, Bluetooth Speakers, or even your iPads, Macbook, a computer, or other iOS devices, and when it appears on a network.
Say for example, you have multiple iPhones in your household, giving each iPhone a unique name can help you identify which iPhone you are connecting to. Additionally, some apps may also use the name of your iPhone as a way to identify your device within the app, especially if you are using features like AirDrop or sharing your location with friends or family.
How to change the display name of your iPhone?
To change the display name of your iPhone all you need to do is, go to the Settings app and tab on General, select the option About and you should see Name at the top, tap on it, the iOS Keyboard shall appear and you can rename your iPhone name and tap on done.
Step-by-Step Guide with images
- Step 1: Open Settings App on your iPhone
- Step 2:Tap on General
- Step 3: Tap on About
- Step 4: Tap on Name
- Step 5: Change the name of your iPhone and tap on done
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to turn off 5G Network on iPhone
- iPhone network says SOS Only on Status Bar
- How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone
- How to take a Screenshot on iPhone with iOS 17
- Screen Mirroring iPhone to TV
- How to Find and View Stored Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
- Xcode 13 - unknown error compiling for iOS 15.0 but module has a minimum deployment target of iOS 15.2
- How to Turn on/off Flashlight on iPhone
- How to Show Battery Percentage inside iPhone 12-14 Battery Indicator?
- Release Date and iPhone Devices that will Support iOS 16
- How to Change the Name of your iPhone (Updated for iOS 17)
- How to Change Name on iPhone under Settings
- How to clear Cache, Cookies and History on iPhone Safari
- Fix: No Internet Connection on iPhone WiFi Network
- How to know the MAC address of iPhone/iPad Wifi
- How to enable Wifi Calling on iPhone
- Turn Off Auto-Brightness on iPhone running iOS 16
- How to Sync iPhone with iPad
- How to reset AirPods or AirPods Pro using iPhone/iPad or iPod
- How to know your iPhone Model Name
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone
- How to know if you are on iOS 17 on your iPhone
- How to initiate a photo request on iPhone from Mac Monterey
- Quick Fix: How to Force Restart Your iPhone
- How to unpair an Apple Watch with an iPhone
- How to Assign Bash Command to Variable - Bash
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey - MacOS
- Create an S3 bucket in a specific AWS region using CLI Command - AWS
- Fix Microsoft Windows Update Error 80072EFE - Microsoft
- How to Decode Base64 Data String in Python - Python
- How to add password to pdf file for opening, editing, printing, copying - HowTos
- Program 5: Find Sum of Two Integer Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs