Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application development (was made official since Google IO 14) . Android Studio is still evolving and hence you may find releases are available quite frequently, if you are trying to download the latest version available right now which is in Canary then you may see this message You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed message, to know why lets first know that there are 4 kinds of releases available,Android studio has 4 channels available for updates,
Canary Channel: Canary builds are released about weekly. While these builds do get tested, they are still subject to bugs. They are released for people who want to see whats new as soon as possible. Do note that this is not recommended for production.
Dev channel: These are older canary builds that that are stable and can be moved to developers. These kind of updates are mostly available bi-weekly or monthly.
Beta channel: When a beta milestone is reached for the next version of Android Studio beta version is released. When the version is stable, the beta channel contains the stable version until the next version's beta. Stable channel: This channel contains the most recent stable version of Android Studio.Solution:
- Go to Menu: Android Studio -> Check for updates .. if you are on Mac OS X, on Windows when you open Android Studio click on Check for updates.
- You would get the same error message again "You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed. To configure automated update settings, see Updates dialog of your IDE Preferences."
- Just click on Update hyperlink,
- Now if you are looking for an update that is the most latest one and unable like Android 1.3 Preview 22 then you must make sure you are in Canary channel.
- Click ok and now check for updates, you will get the update details :)
- Happy Coding !!
Similar Questions :
Cannot update to Latest Android Studio version 1.3!
Android studio not getting updated!
How to get Canary update for Android Studio?
How to get a Beta update for Android Studio?
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- auth_client_using_bad_version_title : Error Android Lint
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Android read text file from internal storage
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button
- fill_parent vs match_parent vs wrap_content
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Force android app to run in Landscape mode programatically
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- Make Android View Scrollable both Horizontally and Vertically
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- How to create Toast messages in Android
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message - WhatsApp
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit - Android-Studio
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser - WhatsApp
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations - Android
- Check Wifi Connection static Android Programming - Android
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width - Eclipse
- How to hide Navigation bar from Android Screen Activity - Android
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- WhatsApp Web escanner - WhatsApp
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device - Android
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Mac-OS-X
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Can we move apps like WhatsApp, Facebook to external MicroSD card - WhatsApp
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android