Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application development (was made official since Google IO 14) . Android Studio is still evolving and hence you may find releases are available quite frequently, if you are trying to download the latest version available right now which is in Canary then you may see this message You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed message, to know why lets first know that there are 4 kinds of releases available,Android studio has 4 channels available for updates,
Canary Channel: Canary builds are released about weekly. While these builds do get tested, they are still subject to bugs. They are released for people who want to see whats new as soon as possible. Do note that this is not recommended for production.
Dev channel: These are older canary builds that that are stable and can be moved to developers. These kind of updates are mostly available bi-weekly or monthly.
Beta channel: When a beta milestone is reached for the next version of Android Studio beta version is released. When the version is stable, the beta channel contains the stable version until the next version's beta. Stable channel: This channel contains the most recent stable version of Android Studio.Solution:
- Go to Menu: Android Studio -> Check for updates .. if you are on Mac OS X, on Windows when you open Android Studio click on Check for updates.
- You would get the same error message again "You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed. To configure automated update settings, see Updates dialog of your IDE Preferences."
- Just click on Update hyperlink,
- Now if you are looking for an update that is the most latest one and unable like Android 1.3 Preview 22 then you must make sure you are in Canary channel.
- Click ok and now check for updates, you will get the update details :)
- Happy Coding !!
Similar Questions :
Cannot update to Latest Android Studio version 1.3!
Android studio not getting updated!
How to get Canary update for Android Studio?
How to get a Beta update for Android Studio?
- Change Android Toast background color
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Android Alert Dialog with Checkboxes example
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar [Fix]
- Android: Save Data in local Db using Android Room
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Stop android adb service from command prompt or terminal
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Display full website address in Safari macOS Browser - MacOS
- How to clear mysql console screen - MySQL
- How to see HTTP Request Response Headers in Google Chrome Browser - Chrome
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android
- The default interactive shell is now zsh. [macOS] - MacOS
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button - Teams
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html