Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application development (was made official since Google IO 14) . Android Studio is still evolving and hence you may find releases are available quite frequently, if you are trying to download the latest version available right now which is in Canary then you may see this message You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed message, to know why lets first know that there are 4 kinds of releases available,Android studio has 4 channels available for updates,
Canary Channel: Canary builds are released about weekly. While these builds do get tested, they are still subject to bugs. They are released for people who want to see whats new as soon as possible. Do note that this is not recommended for production.
Dev channel: These are older canary builds that that are stable and can be moved to developers. These kind of updates are mostly available bi-weekly or monthly.
Beta channel: When a beta milestone is reached for the next version of Android Studio beta version is released. When the version is stable, the beta channel contains the stable version until the next version's beta. Stable channel: This channel contains the most recent stable version of Android Studio.Solution:
- Go to Menu: Android Studio -> Check for updates .. if you are on Mac OS X, on Windows when you open Android Studio click on Check for updates.
- You would get the same error message again "You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed. To configure automated update settings, see Updates dialog of your IDE Preferences."
- Just click on Update hyperlink,
- Now if you are looking for an update that is the most latest one and unable like Android 1.3 Preview 22 then you must make sure you are in Canary channel.
- Click ok and now check for updates, you will get the update details :)
- Happy Coding !!
Similar Questions :
Cannot update to Latest Android Studio version 1.3!
Android studio not getting updated!
How to get Canary update for Android Studio?
How to get a Beta update for Android Studio?
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- Java get day of the week as an int using DayOfWeek - Java
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Install RabbitMQ on Docker - Docker
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android