Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application development (was made official since Google IO 14) . Android Studio is still evolving and hence you may find releases are available quite frequently, if you are trying to download the latest version available right now which is in Canary then you may see this message You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed message, to know why lets first know that there are 4 kinds of releases available,Android studio has 4 channels available for updates,
Canary Channel: Canary builds are released about weekly. While these builds do get tested, they are still subject to bugs. They are released for people who want to see whats new as soon as possible. Do note that this is not recommended for production.
Dev channel: These are older canary builds that that are stable and can be moved to developers. These kind of updates are mostly available bi-weekly or monthly.
Beta channel: When a beta milestone is reached for the next version of Android Studio beta version is released. When the version is stable, the beta channel contains the stable version until the next version's beta. Stable channel: This channel contains the most recent stable version of Android Studio.Solution:
- Go to Menu: Android Studio -> Check for updates .. if you are on Mac OS X, on Windows when you open Android Studio click on Check for updates.
- You would get the same error message again "You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed. To configure automated update settings, see Updates dialog of your IDE Preferences."
- Just click on Update hyperlink,
- Now if you are looking for an update that is the most latest one and unable like Android 1.3 Preview 22 then you must make sure you are in Canary channel.
- Click ok and now check for updates, you will get the update details :)
- Happy Coding !!
Similar Questions :
Cannot update to Latest Android Studio version 1.3!
Android studio not getting updated!
How to get Canary update for Android Studio?
How to get a Beta update for Android Studio?
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint
- Android Shared Preferences API tutorial
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe
- How to reset eclipse layout
- Android Developers Bluetooth Tutorial
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- How to screenshot on Android?
- Unable to load VM from snapshot. The snapshot has been saved for a different hardware configuration
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android.support.v4.content.LocalBroadcastManager
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- Android : Unable to load VM from snapshot : Mac OS X Error
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- How to add border to Android TextView
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator
- Android RatingBar Example
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui
- Running Android Lint has encountered a problem NullPointerException Error
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found
- Android Parsing Data for android-L failed Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 Error
- Android : Accidental Octal Lint Warning
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling
- How to make a dummy phone call from Android Emulator device
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing - NotepadPlusPlus
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf - HowTos
- Add blank lines after each lines using Notepad++ text editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml - Android
- Share or Send SMS via Android Intent - Android
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio
- Multiline EditText in Android Example - Android
- Right Align Text in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml - SharePoint
- Division between two numbers - C-Program
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle - Google
- How to update Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Add Buttons at the bottom of Android Layout xml file - Android