Did you lose your iPhone, or did somehow the old phone stop working and you have a new phone now? This could cause an issue when it comes to Applications that you use with Multi-factor authentication using Microsoft Authenticator.
For iPhone Users
In such a case you can try to make use of the iCloud backup and restore option provided you had enabled the backup feature on the app on your iOS device.
When this option is enabled Microsoft Authenticator app will back up your account creds to iCloud. This comes in very useful in situations when you lose your phone or get a new device and want to recover your information with Windows 365 applications and portals.
Steps to recovery on iPhone
- Open Microsoft Authenticator App on your iPhone
- Click on Begin recovery next to text - "Already have a backup? Sign in to your recovery account"
- Now Sign in with your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account that you had used while setting up the backup.
- Now your account credentials should be recovered to the new device.
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Share Multiple Images in WhatsApp using Android Intent - WhatsApp
- Setting Timer Jobs at on-premises SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Fix: Unsupported Java. Your build is currently configured to use Java 17.0.5 and Gradle 7.1. - Gradle
- Find Nearest Gas Station using Google Map App on your Phone - Google
- How to update VIM version on a Mac - vi
- Fix: Missing the following required SSO configuration values: sso_start_url, sso_region - AWS
- View in File Explorer option missing in SharePoint Online Edge browser - SharePoint
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isnt configured correctly - Teams