If you want to save a file in Notepad (or Notepad++ or any other text editor) as a Microsoft Excel file that has to be a .csv extension (Comma Separated File)
To make sure columns are separate from each other you would have to make use of commas and to separate lines make use of the Enter key (adds a new line)Example:
SrNo, Name, Age 1, Sam, 20 2, Alex, 21 3, Sandra, 21 4, Mike, 20
The first line (optional) could be the header.
Make sure to save this file as filename.csv (select save as file: All types, or save the file within double quotes example: "myfile.csv")
Though .xls and .xlsx are the file types primarily associated with Microsoft Excel, CSV should be by default opened with Excel Application.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 device.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Microsoft Office Mac Ventura: System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run
- Save TextEdit file as Microsoft Word File .docx extension
- Fix - Microsoft Windows Error Code: 0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached
- How to Save a Notepad file as Microsoft Excel file
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Fix: Xbox Error Code: 0x80190190
- Fix Error Code: 80090030 in Microsoft Outlook/Teams
- Microsoft Edge Fix: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
- AADSTS90033: A transient error has occurred. Please try again. [Microsoft 365]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- Microsoft Excel Fuzzy Lookup Add-in
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- Keyboard shortcuts to format Source code in Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- [Fix] Microsoft Remote Desktop Error Code: 0x204
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- Fix: Microsoft OneDrive We are currently experiencing technical difficulties
- Fix Microsoft Windows Update Error 80072EFE
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found - Docker
- [Python] Fix: sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table - Python
- How to install Microsoft OneDrive on Mac Sonoma 14 - MacOS
- Know the version of Microsoft Excel on Mac - Microsoft
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples - Python
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners - SharePoint
- How to Install npm using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Fix: zsh: command not found: mysql (Mac XAMPP) - zsh