You recorded a Microsoft Teams meeting and shared the link with other users from your organization, but they receive below message and cannot access the recording.
This message will also show up if you linked the video in your SharePoint Online site and shared the site with an external user.
The message says "It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video". This clearly indicates that its a permission issue.
⚡️ Important points to note about Microsoft stream videos -
- All your Teams meeting recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream (provided your Global Office 365 Tenant Admin enabled this setting).
- Microsoft Stream videos cannot be shared with external users yet. Microsoft plans to get this feature by end of 2020.
- The person who recorded the meeting is the video owner and can update access permissions.
- Company wide channel/video are always accessible by everyone within your organization.
⛏️ Troubleshoot and fix the problemYou must be Microsoft Stream Admin or Owner of the video
- Navigate to Microsoft Stream (https://web.microsoftstream.com) and locate your video, or directly open video from Microsoft Teams.
- Click "More actions" (the 3 dots ...) and then click "Update video details".
- In the Permissions section
- Grant permissions to everyone within your organization - Check 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video'.
- Grant individual permissions - In the 'Share with' dropdown, select People/Channel/My Groups and enter the name in the search box.
- Click Apply in the top section of page to save your changes.
So don't be confused between MS Teams and MS Stream. Though you recorded the meeting via MS Teams, the video is always stored in MS Stream and access needs to be granted via MS Stream as it has its own set of permissions.
MS Stream videos will never work for external users accessing your SharePoint site, because MS Stream does not support external access. Wait until Microsoft bring in this much awaited feature.
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory - Linux
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App - SharePoint
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail - Google
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint) - MacOS
- List of Java JDK Versions till Year 2023 with LTS Support Included - Java
- Display (Show) bookmarks bar Safari - HowTos
- [fix] openssl No such file or directory error C++ - Ubuntu
- How to run .bat file on Mac - MacOS