If you want to know which Python version has been installed on your device using the Terminal running the bash shell you can make use of the python or python3 followed by the --version flag.
$ python3 --version
$ python --version
Note: If Python 2 is not installed on your device, you will get an error.
bash: python: command not found
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- Bash How to Save Output of a Command to a Variable
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- How to Echo Bash Command to a File
- Bash Command to Get Absolute Path for a File
- How to Split a String based on Delimiter in Bash Scripting
- Bash: Command Line Arguments to Bash Script Examples
- Bash Command to Download a File From URL
- How to check if a Command Exists using Bash Script
- Ways to Increment a counter variable in Bash Script
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash command to Read, Output and Manipulate JSON File
- Bash Command to Base64 Decode a String
- Bash Command to Check Python Version
- Bash: Command to Find the Length of a String
- What is $$ in Bash Shell Script- Special Variable
- Bash - How to check if a Command Failed?
- List all Username and User ID using Bash Command
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- bash: netstat: command not found
- Bash Command To Go Back To Previous Directory
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- Bash Command To Check If File Exists
- Convert String from uppercase to lowercase in Bash
- Fix: bash: syntax error near unexpected token - Bash
- How to Clear StringJoiner in Java 8 - Java
- How to update Rust on Mac/Linux - Rust
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Multiple ways to Convert tabs with spaces in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video - Microsoft
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen - Android
- Ways to Increment a counter variable in Bash Script - Bash