In PowerShell + is the operator that you need to make use of to concatenate strings.
Let's take a look at a few examples.
Example 1: Using + operator
$firstName = "Chris" $lastName = "Adams" $name = $firstName + " " + $lastName Write-Host "Name: $name"
Example 2: Using String interpolation
String interpolation is another way to concatenate Strings in PowerShell.
$firstName = "Sam" $lastName = "Adams" $name = "$firstName $lastName" Write-Host $name
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Powershell,
- PowerShell: How to Check if a Module is Already Installed
- PowerShell: How to Write Output to a File
- PowerShell: Steps to Connect to connect to Exchange Online
- PowerShell Fix: Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer
- PowerShell Traditional For Loop Example
- How to Run PowerShell Script as Administrator (Elevate)
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to delete a file using PowerShell [Windows/macOS]
- PowerShell: Grep Command Alternative - Select-String
- PowerShell Concatenate String Examples
- How to add Sleep to PowerShell Script
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- List of PowerShell Function Commands for Mac
- How to Connect to Azure AD Account using PowerShell on Mac
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Set Environment Variable in PowerShell for Mac
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- How to check PowerShell version
- How to install PowerShell on Mac using Brew
- PowerShell Switch Statement with Examples
- PowerShell ISE Alternative for Mac
- Fix: python3: Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/python3: No module named notebook (jupyter) - Python
- How to Get File Size using Python in Bytes/KB/MB or GB - Python
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ - HowTos
- How to stop and start a docker container - Docker
- Update All Outdated Modules/Packages using pip3 - PIP
- Chessboard with pieces using pure HTML and CSS - Html