To know the version of bash that is available on your device make use of --version option along with the bash.Example:
$ bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
You do not need to be on the bash shell in order to know the version, in the below example the same command works on the zsh or sh shell as well.
% bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. % sh sh-3.2$ bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. sh-3.2$
You would get a command not found error if you use single dash with version option!
$ -version -version bash: -version: command not found
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- Bash How to Save Output of a Command to a Variable
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- How to Echo Bash Command to a File
- Bash Command to Get Absolute Path for a File
- How to Split a String based on Delimiter in Bash Scripting
- Bash: Command Line Arguments to Bash Script Examples
- Bash Command to Download a File From URL
- How to check if a Command Exists using Bash Script
- Ways to Increment a counter variable in Bash Script
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash command to Read, Output and Manipulate JSON File
- Bash Command to Base64 Decode a String
- Bash Command to Check Python Version
- Bash: Command to Find the Length of a String
- What is $$ in Bash Shell Script- Special Variable
- Bash - How to check if a Command Failed?
- List all Username and User ID using Bash Command
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- bash: netstat: command not found
- Bash Command To Go Back To Previous Directory
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- Bash Command To Check If File Exists
- Convert String from uppercase to lowercase in Bash
- Two Buttons next to each other in Android Layout - Android
- Share Story Feed on Facebook using URL - Facebook
- Send JSON Data as Payload using cURL HTTP POST Request - cURL
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps - HowTos
- Python: Access Environment Variables - Python
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix] - HowTos
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case - Android
- How to View Files as List in Mac Finder App - MacOS