To know the version of bash that is available on your device make use of --version option along with the bash.Example:
$ bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
You do not need to be on the bash shell in order to know the version, in the below example the same command works on the zsh or sh shell as well.
% bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. % sh sh-3.2$ bash --version GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. sh-3.2$
You would get a command not found error if you use single dash with version option!
$ -version -version bash: -version: command not found
- How to create new user account in Windows bash
- Command to Sort File In Reverse Order [Unix/Linux/macOS]
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows]
- How to Kill a port using bash terminal command?
- How to know the current shell you are logged in?
- Bash For Loop Example
- How to see Created Accessed Modified and Changed dates of a file using bash terminal command
- How to fix bash ping command not found error
- Know Bash shell version command
- Bash Hello World! Script Tutorial
- How to check your IP using bash for Windows?
- [Fix] bash: script.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
- Fix bash: script.sh: Permission denied Error
- Bash command to wait for seconds
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands
- bash get year 2021 calendar
- bash: netstat: command not found
- How to Compare Strings in Bash
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD
- How to display Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Spell check not working in Gmail : Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021 - NotepadPlusPlus
- Chessboard with pieces using pure HTML and CSS - Html
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio