Microsoft has worked with Salesforce to build a Microsoft Teams Integration App for Sales and Service.
The idea is to improve collaboration with Salesforce - address customer demands, close deals/cases, build strong relationships, and boost productivity by giving teams a shared view of customers and making collaboration and meetings between teams easier.
The integration will be offered to Sales and Service Cloud customers with Enterprise or Unlimited edition at no additional cost.
The Salesforce integration with Microsoft Teams is available to Microsoft customers licensed with Teams, and Salesforce customers with Sales and Service licenses in Enterprise, or higher editions, orgs.
Steps to enable and use the Salesforce in Microsoft Teams pilot
- Salesforce customers can contact support, customer success representatives or account executives to participate in the pilot.
- Request to provision the integration capabilities for Microsoft Teams.
- Upon approval and provisioning, go to Setup in your Salesforce org to configure the Teams Integration.
- The Microsoft 365 Tenant Admin might need to add the Salesforce App to Teams Tenant from the Teams Admin Center.
- Add the Salesforce application to the team from AppSource or the Microsoft Teams store (team owners can do this).
Doug Camplejohn (Sales Cloud Executive Vice President and General Manager, Sales Cloud at Salesforce) quotes,
By connecting Salesforce CRM with Microsoft Teams, our joint customers can now benefit from a close connection of the chat and workspace capabilities of Teams alongside key information and actions from Salesforce – which makes team collaboration more focused and effective.
Customer data stored within your Customer Relationship Management application (CRM) is very critical and key to the business. With more and more sales people using Microsoft Teams, getting the customer information and conversations around them within Teams is a booster providing a unified view. This becomes more relevant during the work from home condition.
Salesforce message extension integration - Starting with context-based conversations within the sales teams via Teams chat, customer details are inline within a conversation. Relevant details around customer contact information are displayed within the broader chat stream.
Administrators can set level of visibility for this information – whether details can be shared within a secured team, or whether they require a Salesforce log-in to display.
Pin customer information as a Tab in a channel - View and update key vendor information, related contacts, and view updates and activities all in one place. This facilitates a workflow where you use a team or channel per customer to holistically manage all aspects of that relationship. Add the corresponding Salesforce display as a Tab, and you’ll have an integrated workspace that brings together chat files, and more alongside key customer information stored within the Salesforce CRM.
You can design customer-focused workspaces within Microsoft Teams, featuring the Salesforce app and integration.
What actions Salesforce users can perform the Teams Integration
- Mention Salesforce records (opportunities, accounts, cases, contacts, and leads) in Teams channels and chats to facilitate collaboration.
- Preview more details about records posted in Teams channels and chats.
- Pin records to Teams channel tabs and chats to make them easier to find.
- Edit records directly within Teams.
- Post important conversation moments on the Salesforce Chatter feed of records pinned on Teams channel and chat tabs.
- [Fix] Microsoft teams error code 503 - Failed to reach https
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Teams - You're offline. Messages you send while offline will be sent when you're back online
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we've run into an issue Try again
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting
- How to use Spotlight feature in Teams meeting to pin and highlight participant and content
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams change default language
- How to display date and time in GMT Timezone in Java - Java
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required. - MacOS
- Parsing CSV file using Java code example (Comma Separated File) - Java
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case - NotepadPlusPlus