If you are a UI/UX Web Developer or a person who is testing the functionalities of a web-based application, it is important to test the rendering and functionality of the application on various web browsers. If you have one such use-case or you prefer using the Windows browser, you can install Microsoft Edge natively on an M1/M2 chip-based Mac as follows,
- Visit the official Microsoft Edge Website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge?form=MA13FJ
- Now click on Download Edge, if you are using a Mac you will straightaway get an option to download for macOS
- Click on Download for macOS and you should get options,
Which version is best for your Mac? Microsoft Edge has been optimized for both Macs with Intel chips (most common) and Macs with Apple chips (some newer Mac models). Mac with Intel chip Mac with Apple chip
- Select Mac with Apple chip
- The .DMG Setup file will get downloaded.
- Once the download is complete, click on the .dmg file to install Edge, and follow the simple install edge instructions.
Note: You may see the below message which you can click on Settings and enable or disable based on your preference:
System Settings must be changed before Microsoft AutoUpdate can run.
To correct this problem, click the 'Settings' button and make sure that Microsoft AutoUpdate is allowed to run in the background.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command - Linux
- How to add border to Android TextView - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- Create a Database Table using JDBC PreparedStatement - Java
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel - Microsoft
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened. - Microsoft
- Python raise error with message example - Python
- [Fix] ValueError: substring not found in Python - Python