If you want two SQL queries to compare using Notepad++ you can follow the below steps.
- Copy the SQL Queries in Two Tabs in Notepad++ (or open the two .sql files)
- Now be on any of the tabs and go to Menu: Plugins > Compare > Set as First Compare (if you do not see Compare, follow the steps given below to install it)
- Now move to another SQL query tab/ and go to Menu: Plugins > Compare > Compare
- You will see the two files compared side-by-side with the differences highlighted as shown in the below screenshot.
How to install Compare Plugin in Notepad++
- In Notepad++ go to Menu: Plugins > Plugin Admin...
- Look for Compare under Plugin, select it and click on Install.
- Notepad++ will get restarted and you should find Compare plugin under Plugins > Compare
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 PC with Notepad++ v 8.5.6 (64-bit).
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to hide toolbar on Notepad++
- Change the default Line Encoding Notepad++ (CR LF)
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- How to force quit or kill Notepad++ Process
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ silently using Windows Powershell
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case
- Must have CSV Plugins for Notepad++
- How to lock Notepad++ tabs?
- Column Mode Editing in Notepad++
- How to change background color in Notepad++
- Notepad++ sort by name with example
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored?
- Notepad++: How to add Quotes to CSV File
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- How choose alternate Tab Bar icon in Notepad++
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++
- Reopen previously closed tab in Google Chrome - Chrome
- Java 8 java.util.Function and BiFunction Examples - Java
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example - Java
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font - Eclipse
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup - SharePoint
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code - Python
- Run IntelliJ Java main method without Gradle build - Gradle