Last login: Sat Feb 12 15:03:21 on console % docker run hello-world docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?. See 'docker run --help'.
If you try to execute the Docker run command in Terminal and you get the above error, then it's because Docker Desktop is not running.Fix:
- Go to Spotlight Search,
- Type: Docker and open the App
- You would see it on your Apple Menu bar,
- Make sure you see: "Docker is running"
% docker run hello-world Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally latest: Pulling from library/hello-world 93288797bd35: Pull complete Digest: sha256:97a379f4f88575512824f3b352bc03cd75e239179eea0fecc38e597b2209f49a Status: Downloaded newer image for hello-world:latest Hello from Docker!
- anaonymous: you saved my day! .. thank you :)
11 Jun 2202 01:01:24 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs - Android
- A Guide to Dynamically Obtaining Browser Screen Width and Height with jQuery [Updated 2023] - jQuery
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop - MacOS
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro? - MacOS
- Install SonarLint on Visual Studio Code - HowTos
- How to Auto Fill Down in Excel for Mac - MacOS
- Drag drop files here option missing for SharePoint document library - SharePoint