% docker run --name dev -d ubuntu:latestdocker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory. See 'docker run --help'.
If you are trying to execute a docker command and you get the above error, it is more likely that the docker desktop app (or the daemon) has not yet started completely.
Just make sure that Docker Desktop App is running and has started completely before you try to run a command.
As you may see in the above image, I opened the Docker Desktop using the command line and immediately ran a docker run command which failed as dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect was not yet created, running the same command after few moments worked!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- Mac: How to Change Terminal Background Color - MacOS
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites - SharePoint
- Get Button Text onClick Android App - Android
- Python - Convert float to String - Python
- cURL -d Option with Examples - cURL
- Open Large File in Notepad++ (Fix: File is too big to be opened by Notepad++) - NotepadPlusPlus
- Change Mac Default Browser [updated for macOS Ventura] - MacOS
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression - Teams