% docker run --name dev -d ubuntu:latestdocker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory. See 'docker run --help'.
If you are trying to execute a docker command and you get the above error, it is more likely that the docker desktop app (or the daemon) has not yet started completely.
Just make sure that Docker Desktop App is running and has started completely before you try to run a command.
As you may see in the above image, I opened the Docker Desktop using the command line and immediately ran a docker run command which failed as dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect was not yet created, running the same command after few moments worked!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Install Docker on Mac using brew cask
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- How to know list of images available on your device
- Docker Alpine Linux and Apache2 Example
- Install Bash on Alpine Linux - Docker
- Docker Run Command Examples - Part 1
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- Install RabbitMQ on Docker
- How to know docker Engine details
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- How to stop and start a docker container
- How to create volume in Docker using Command
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [docker] Error response from daemon: No such container
- Install Docker for Mac using Home-brew Cask
- Docker - Incompatible CPU detected - M1/M2 Mac (macOS Sonoma)
- [fix] Docker Desktop App not starting on Mac (macOS)
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- List of what's new in Docker 4.23
- [Docker M1/M2 Mac] qemu-x86_64: Could not open /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory AWS CLI
- Install Docker Desktop on M1/M2 Apple Silicon ARM Chip Mac
- Docker - Running in Resource Saver mode
- Install Eclipse IDE on M1/M2 Mac Natively - Eclipse
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O) - Eclipse
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- CSS: Apply opacity only for div background and not text - CSS
- How to Make Android TextView Text Bold - Android
- Advanced print() Function Tutorial and Techniques for Python Developers - Python
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton - Android-Studio
- Android : Accidental Octal Lint Warning - Android