If you want to install Docker on your Mac using Terminal command, you can make use of brew cask command.
brew install --cask docker
==> Downloading https://formulae.brew.sh/api/cask.jws.json ########## 100.0% ==> Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-cask/../Casks/d/docker.rb ########## 100.0% ==> Downloading https://desktop.docker.com/mac/main/arm64/120376/Docker.dmg ########## 100.0% ==> Installing Cask docker ==> Moving App 'Docker.app' to '/Applications/Docker.app' ==> Linking Binary 'docker' to '/usr/local/bin/docker' Password: ==> Linking Binary 'docker-compose' to '/usr/local/bin/docker-compose' ==> 'docker-credential-desktop' to '/usr/local/bin/docker-credential-desktop' ==> 'docker-credential-ecr-login' to '/usr/local/bin/docker-credential-ecr-login' ==> 'docker-credential-osxkeychain' to '/usr/local/bin/docker-credential-osxkeychain' ==> 'docker-index' to '/usr/local/bin/docker-index' ==> 'hub-tool' to '/usr/local/bin/hub-tool' ==> 'com.docker.vpnkit' to '/usr/local/bin/vpnkit' ==> 'docker.bash-completion' to '/opt/homebrew/etc/bash_completion.d/docker' ==> 'docker.zsh-completion' to '/opt/homebrew/share/zsh/site-functions/_docker' ==> 'docker.fish-completion' to '/opt/homebrew/share/fish/vendor_completions.d/docker.fish' ==> 'kubectl' to '/usr/local/bin/kubectl.docker' ==> 'com.docker.cli' to '/usr/local/bin/com.docker.cli' 🍺 docker was successfully installed!
Docker will be installed based on your Mac processor type - Intel/ARM - M1/M2.
Let's check if it is installed correctly.
docker --version Docker version 24.0.6, build ed223bc
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Docker,
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- Java .replace() RegEx alternative in Python Programming - Python
- Fix: zsh: command not found: mysql (Mac XAMPP) - zsh
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available - Android-Studio
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- How to change the Default Port 8888 of Jupyter Notebook Server - Python
- [Soluiton] You already have the latest version of Android Studio installed - Android
- How to change the Python Default version - Python
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button - Android