To create a volume using Docker Command Line make use of the docker volume create command,Example:
% docker volume create c_drive c_drive
To see a list of all volumes created using the docker volume command, make use of the ls command,Example:
% docker volume ls DRIVER VOLUME NAME local c_drive local d_drive local e_drive
Note: If you use special characters other than a dot(.) or dash (-) you will get an error,
% docker volume create c: Error response from daemon: create c:: "c:" includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only "[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]" are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad - HowTos
- Java 8: Get First and Last Date of the Week for Given Date - Java
- How to Connect to AWS Windows EC2 UI Instance from M1 Mac (Updated) - HowTos
- 34: Traverse a List in Reverse Order - 1000+ Python Programming - Python-Programs
- How to convert Python datetime object to a String - Python
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound - MacOS