In order to check your version of Git software installed on the Operating System just type git --version in your console.
How to check your git version: macOS/Linux
- Open Terminal application,
- Type: $ git --version,
- You should see the installed git version details on console:
git version 2.6.1
How to check your git version: Windows
- If you have installed tool like gitbash, open git Bash (or Git CMD - though deprecated)
- Type git --version
- You should be able to see your installed git version like:
$ git --version git version 2.21.0.windows.1
⚠️ Note: Make sure you are not running the command on CMD or else you will see this below error!
C:\Users\c2c>git --version 'git' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to Git,
- Hurry! Uninstall Adobe Flash Player - End Of Life, support end in December 2020 - News
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to display Toast in a thread : Android - Android
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites - SharePoint
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS - MacOS