Error: A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: D:\eclipse\jre\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH.
If you get the above message when you try to run eclipse on you Computer then this can be because of various reasons,
Is Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed ?
This is the first thing you must check. If not then you must download it and get it installed (but do check the eclipse version 64 bit or 32 bit and download the appropriate setup)
64bit/32bit version issue!
If you have a 64bit Operating System then you must have 64bit installation of Java and Eclipse or 32bit installation of Java and Eclipse (odd combinations will give such errors)
If you have a 32bit Operating System then you must have 32bit installation of Java as well as Eclipse.
Invalid Java Environment Variable PATH setup!
Right click on My Computer icon -> Properties -> Advance System Settings -> Environment Variables
Go to System Variables -> Path, Click on Edit
Now click on new, add the following,
Variable Name : JAVA_HOME
Variable Value : C:/Program files/java/jdk_path/ (path to your jdk)
Under Variable Value itself add a semicolon ; and add %JAVA_HOME%/bin
Example : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java;%JAVA_HOME%\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin
Correct eclipse.ini setting up for javaw.exe
Under the eclipse folder you would see eclipse.ini file, check the path for javaw.exe,
eclipse -vm C:\Program Files\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe|CBS||Note if the line does not exist add it but make sure you add it above -vmargs.
Hope it helps someone! Happy Coding :)
- [Java] Error: Unmappable character for encoding UTF-8. Save could not be completed.
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Java: TimeZone List with GMT/UTC Offset
- [Fatal Error] XML The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
- Java Split String by Spaces
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example
- Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED - Android
- Create assets folder in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons - Android
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations - Eclipse
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint - SharePoint
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied) - MySQL
- 11 Weeks of Android Online Sessions-15-Jun-to-28-Aug-2020 - Android
- PHP header location function not called - PHP
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- AlertDialog with no buttons (just text message) - Android
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file - Eclipse
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming - Android
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui - Android