Error: A java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: D:\eclipse\jre\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH.
If you get the above message when you try to run eclipse on you Computer then this can be because of various reasons,
Is Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed ?
This is the first thing you must check. If not then you must download it and get it installed (but do check the eclipse version 64 bit or 32 bit and download the appropriate setup)
64bit/32bit version issue!
If you have a 64bit Operating System then you must have 64bit installation of Java and Eclipse or 32bit installation of Java and Eclipse (odd combinations will give such errors)
If you have a 32bit Operating System then you must have 32bit installation of Java as well as Eclipse.
Invalid Java Environment Variable PATH setup!
Right click on My Computer icon -> Properties -> Advance System Settings -> Environment Variables
Go to System Variables -> Path, Click on Edit
Now click on new, add the following,
Variable Name : JAVA_HOME
Variable Value : C:/Program files/java/jdk_path/ (path to your jdk)
Under Variable Value itself add a semicolon ; and add %JAVA_HOME%/bin
Example : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java;%JAVA_HOME%\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin
Correct eclipse.ini setting up for javaw.exe
Under the eclipse folder you would see eclipse.ini file, check the path for javaw.exe,
eclipse -vm C:\Program Files\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe|CBS||Note if the line does not exist add it but make sure you add it above -vmargs.
Hope it helps someone! Happy Coding :)
- Java -Day of the week using Java 8 DayOfWeek Enum
- Java: TimeZone List with GMT/UTC Offset
- Struts 2 Hello World Example in Eclipse
- Formatting Double in Java [Examples]
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- [Fix] java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql
- IntelliJ: Error: Could not find or load main class, java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
- 5+ Fibonacci number Series Java Program Examples [ 0 1 1 2 3 ..]
- [Java] NoClassDefFoundError Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
- Java Split String by Spaces
- Java SE 8 Update 301 available with various bug fixes and security improvements
- Java - PatternSyntaxException
- Split a String in Java with Examples
- Convert byte array to String in Java
- Run Java Code Every Second
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java
- Remove Trailing zeros BigDecimal Java
- Best free Decompiler for Java
- Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 in java
- java.io.IOException: Unable to locate resource handler.properties