If you try to login to Microsoft Teams application on desktop/mobile for the first time using your personal Hotmail/Outllok/Live email account and get the above message after you login then you must know Microsoft is not for personal use. You must be associated with a organization to get started, or sign-up your organization.
- Click on "Sign up for Teams"
- You will be directed to a webpage where you would see "Get your organization started today with the free version of Teams"
- Click on "Sign up for free", you will be asked to login again.
- You would see 3 options to choose from:
How do you want to use Teams? a. For school To connect students and faculty for courses and projects, in a classroom or online b. For friends and family For everyday life, to make audio or video calls c. For work and organizations To work with teammates wherever they are
- If you select option "For friends and family" you will be asked to use Skype.
Connect with friends and family Teams is available on mobile. You’ll need the most recent version of the mobile app. Visit your app store to update or download, then add a personal account. If you are looking for audio and video calling from your desktop, Skype is the best option.
- If you belong to a organization you can set up free teams account by checking "For work and organizations" option.
Difference between Free and Paid Microsoft teams account
Free Teams can have maximum 500k users per compared to unlimited if you have an enterprise license. Even the file storage difference is 2GB/user v/s 1TB/user. Phone calls and audio conferencing is not available in free account.
Check more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/differences-between-microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-teams-free-0b69cf39-eb52-49af-b255-60d46fdf8a9c
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure]
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- M365 service Europe outage - AADSTS90033 A transient error has occurred. Please try again.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action