If you try to login to Microsoft Teams application on desktop/mobile for the first time using your personal Hotmail/Outllok/Live email account and get the above message after you login then you must know Microsoft is not for personal use. You must be associated with a organization to get started, or sign-up your organization.
- Click on "Sign up for Teams"
- You will be directed to a webpage where you would see "Get your organization started today with the free version of Teams"
- Click on "Sign up for free", you will be asked to login again.
- You would see 3 options to choose from:
How do you want to use Teams? a. For school To connect students and faculty for courses and projects, in a classroom or online b. For friends and family For everyday life, to make audio or video calls c. For work and organizations To work with teammates wherever they are
- If you select option "For friends and family" you will be asked to use Skype.
Connect with friends and family Teams is available on mobile. You’ll need the most recent version of the mobile app. Visit your app store to update or download, then add a personal account. If you are looking for audio and video calling from your desktop, Skype is the best option.
- If you belong to a organization you can set up free teams account by checking "For work and organizations" option.
Difference between Free and Paid Microsoft teams account
Free Teams can have maximum 500k users per compared to unlimited if you have an enterprise license. Even the file storage difference is 2GB/user v/s 1TB/user. Phone calls and audio conferencing is not available in free account.
Check more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/differences-between-microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-teams-free-0b69cf39-eb52-49af-b255-60d46fdf8a9c
- Error code 0xCAA82EE2: Something went wrong (request timed out) [Microsoft]
- FCM Messages! Testing Notifcation from Microsoft to investigate this problem [Microsoft Teams]
- Visual Studio Code available for Apple Mac ARM64 build for native M1 processor support
- Microsoft Edge browser error on MAC - This page is having a problem Try coming back to it later
- Microsoft Office Excel - Couldnt Open the Workbook - The workbook cannot be opened.
- What version of windows do I have?
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- Microsoft Stream - This may not be for you, It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand
- Free and easy audio video screen recording using Microsoft PowerPoint
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired.
- Outlook and Hotmail not working - email issue, message not delivered, send receive problem
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action
- How to know file encoding in Microsoft Windows Notepad?
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue.
- Microsoft Sign-in Error Code: 50058 (Request Id, Correlation Id and Timestamp)
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Microsoft 365 Excel - PRO TIP Discover insights quickly with Power BI, which is already included in your Microsoft services, See it in action - Microsoft
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert - MacOS
- zsh: exec format error eclipse M1 Mac - zsh
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS - Eclipse
- Change Mouse Scrolling in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get - Linux
- Be right back We’re making updates to the Apple Store. Check back soon. - Apple
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux