# apt-get bash/bin/sh: apt-get: not found
If you try to install a package on Alpine Linux using apt-get package manager you will get an error saying "apt-get not found" this is because there is no apt-get tool available on Alpine, you should be using apk (Alpine Package Keeper) instead which is the pre-installed.
Know More: Alpine Package KeeperSolution:
Make use of apk add to install packages on Alpine.
# apk add bash (1/4) Installing ncurses-terminfo-base (6.3_p20220521-r0) (2/4) Installing ncurses-libs (6.3_p20220521-r0) (3/4) Installing readline (8.1.2-r0) (4/4) Installing bash (5.1.16-r2) Executing bash-5.1.16-r2.post-install Executing busybox-1.35.0-r17.trigger OK: 22 MiB in 25 packages
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows - SharePoint
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively - MacOS
- How to install Packages in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me - SharePoint
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML - NotepadPlusPlus