Scenario - You share a Microsoft Stream video (could also be a meeting recording from Microsoft Teams) via direct link, SharePoint, Teams Channel, OneNote, Yammer. But the user receives message "Microsoft Stream - The authenticated user is not authorized to access this resource." even though they can access the SharePoint site or Teams Channel successfully.
The error indicates that the user is authenticated but not authorized to access the resource. This means,
The user has a valid Office/Microsoft 365 account and has necessary license to access Microsoft Stream, but does not have required permissions to access the Stream video/channel.
⛏️ How to troubleshoot and fixThe problem is with MS Stream video permissions. The video may be embedded into SharePoint Online page, Teams Channel, Yammer, OneNote. Do not get confused, the problem is with access to the video and not where it is embedded.
- Verify the user have required MS Stream license.
- The video may be private, make sure the user is given access. Request the video owner or Admin to help you.
- If not confidential, make the video open to everyone by checking 'Allow everyone in your company to view this video' from the update video details section.
- Sometimes the video is part of private channel, grant permissions to the channel itself, or to individual video.
- Ensure the user is using correct O365 organizational account to access.
⚡️ UpdateYou can now use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint for storing meeting recordings. Work with your Microsoft 365 Tenant Admin to configure this. By Q1 2021, all Teams meeting recordings will be stored to SharePoint/OneDrive. This will make it possible to share recordings with external participants.
Read more here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/tmr-meeting-recording-change
Hasgtags: #Microsoft #Stream #Teams #OneNote #OneDrive #MicrosoftTeams #Yammer #SharePoint #Error
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell - Powershell
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API - SharePoint
- Enable Eclipse dark mode - Eclipse
- Java 20 (JDK) released and here is what is new and deprecated and deleted - Java
- Set Title to Android AlertDialog - Android
- Change label (text) color in tkinter - Python
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router - HowTos