I usually use Notepad++ to work with large files and it is really useful as its undoubtedly the most powerful text editing tool on Windows OS.
If you have a huge file and you just want to select all the line above or below a specific line then you can do so by following the below steps,
Notepad++ select all above:
- Open the file in Notepad++,
- Go to the line number from where you want to select all lines above, keep the cursor at the start of the line (press home if the line is too big to get to the start),
- Now press Shift, and while holding press End, you should see the first line being selected,
- Now keep holding Shift and press Page Up button.
Notepad++ select all below:
- Go to the line from where you want to select all the lines below, you can try using Ctrl+G and adding the line number if you know it,
- Press Home to get to the start of the line,
- Now press Shift + End,
- Keep holding Shift and press Page Down to select all lines below.
⛏️ Note: If you do not want to include the current line you are on simply press the Shift + Page Up or Page Down keys. Make sure the cursor is at the start of the line.
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable?
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Encode/Decode URL Query String in Notepad++
- Remove duplicate lines using Notepad++
- Add comma or semicolon at end of each line Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Fix Error Code: 80090030 in Microsoft Outlook/Teams - Microsoft
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites - Microsoft
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal - Powershell
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net - SharePoint
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux - MacOS
- HTML5 HELLO WORLD Example - Html