I usually use Notepad++ to work with large files and it is really useful as its undoubtedly the most powerful text editing tool on Windows OS.
If you have a huge file and you just want to select all the line above or below a specific line then you can do so by following the below steps,
Notepad++ select all above:
- Open the file in Notepad++,
- Go to the line number from where you want to select all lines above, keep the cursor at the start of the line (press home if the line is too big to get to the start),
- Now press Shift, and while holding press End, you should see the first line being selected,
- Now keep holding Shift and press Page Up button.
Notepad++ select all below:
- Go to the line from where you want to select all the lines below, you can try using Ctrl+G and adding the line number if you know it,
- Press Home to get to the start of the line,
- Now press Shift + End,
- Keep holding Shift and press Page Down to select all lines below.
⛏️ Note: If you do not want to include the current line you are on simply press the Shift + Page Up or Page Down keys. Make sure the cursor is at the start of the line.
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Base 64 Encoding Decoding In Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Replace tabs by spaces or comma Notepad++
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++
- Delete blank lines in a file using Notepad++
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- Compare two text files in Notepad++
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows)
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to turn off CR LF CRLF in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1 - Android-Studio
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4 - Eclipse
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal - MacOS