Undo or Redo are the most common operations one has to perform while working on a file, if you are making use of the Nano text editor, then you would need to make use of the keyboard shortcuts in order to do a undo or redo operation.
Let's take a look at them.
Undo Keyboard Shortcut (macOS/Linux/Windows)
Esc + U
Alt + U
Option + U
Redo Keyboard Shortcut (macOS/Linux/Windows)
Esc + E
Alt + E
Option + E
Note, this feature may not be available in all versions. I am using GNU Nano version 7.2
Also, you would see the keyboard shortcuts for undo/redo displayed on the Nano Options bar at the bottom as,
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command
- ls command to list only directories
- How to Restart or Reload Nginx Server Service on Linux
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- Fix: sudo: unable to open Read-only file system
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- zsh hello world example
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory
- Linux Remove or Delete Files and Directories using Terminal Commands
- How to connect to SSH port other than default 22
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address - SharePoint
- How to change Android Titlebar theme color from Purple - Android
- How to replace with space - HowTos
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution? - MacOS
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque) - MacOS
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ? - SharePoint
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table - MySQL
- How to Upgrade Mac from Monterey to macOS Ventura - MacOS