First Lets see what a "Debug Certificate" is in Android Programming
"This is a Certificate generated by Android SDK tool and is used to sign your app during development process."
Error Message :
Error generating final archive:
Debug certificate expired on 1/30/2020 5:40 PM!
If you have encountered this error it is because your debug certificate has expired (normally has a validity of 365 days).
This issue is due to the validity expiry of your debug certificate debug.keystore
You have to locate debug.keystore file on your system. Depending on what Operating System that you are working on you may find this file inside .android folder,
On Windows: Go to C:\Users\[user-name]\.android you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
On Linux: Go to home/[user-name]/.android you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
On Mac: Go to ~/.android/ you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
After you delete the debug.keystore file, you need to Clean the android project that you are working with (under Project > Clean), cleaning remove the cached keystore that contained expired certificate and creates a new one.
If still the issue persists, restart eclipse. ✌️
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views - Android
- Android : Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case - Android
- Error: Can not find the tag library descriptor for "struts-tags" - Java
- [Java Threads] Should we extend Thread Class or implement Runnable interface - Java
- Android : Unable to load VM from snapshot : Mac OS X Error - Android
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Android Error - Android
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height - Android
- Align left align text in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut - Android-Studio
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working - Android
- Detect swipes on Android Activity - Android
- Facebook | Error : Sorry, something went wrong We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can - Facebook
- How to copy Chrome alert popup text to clipboard - Chrome