First Lets see what a "Debug Certificate" is in Android Programming
"This is a Certificate generated by Android SDK tool and is used to sign your app during development process."
Error Message :
Error generating final archive:
Debug certificate expired on 1/30/2020 5:40 PM!
If you have encountered this error it is because your debug certificate has expired (normally has a validity of 365 days).
This issue is due to the validity expiry of your debug certificate debug.keystore
You have to locate debug.keystore file on your system. Depending on what Operating System that you are working on you may find this file inside .android folder,
On Windows: Go to C:\Users\[user-name]\.android you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
On Linux: Go to home/[user-name]/.android you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
On Mac: Go to ~/.android/ you will find the file debug.keystore Delete this file
After you delete the debug.keystore file, you need to Clean the android project that you are working with (under Project > Clean), cleaning remove the cached keystore that contained expired certificate and creates a new one.
If still the issue persists, restart eclipse. ✌️
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine
- How to create Toast messages in Android?
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile)
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code
- Android RatingBar Example
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Audio Video Network protocols supported by Android OS Devices
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically
- Change Height of Android ActionBar
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming
- Make Android Toolbar text center aligned
- How to Disable EditText Keyboard Android App
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- [FIX] AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main - java.lang.RuntimeException NullPointerException
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout
- Android Disable back button programatically
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution]
- Fixing Android unknown error 961 while downloading app
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog
- How to add border to Android Button