If you want to redirect the output of a PowerShell command or a Script to a file, you can make use of the > and >> operators.
|Will create a new file if it doesn't exist. Overwrites the file with new output.|
|To append output to the end of an existing file. Creates a new file if it doesn't exist.|
Let's take a look at a few examples.
Example 1: Write Command Output to a new file
PS> echo "Hello! Welcome to Code2care.org" > message.txt cat ./message.txt Hello! Welcome to Code2care.org
Example 2: Append Command Output to an existing file
PS> echo "PowerShell is Fun!" >> message.txt cat ./message.txt Hello! Welcome to Code2care.org PowerShell is Fun!
Example 3: Write Script Output to a file
PS> pwsh ./powershell-script.ps1 > logs.txt cat ./logs.txt The above 3 lines of code are commented out!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Powershell,
- PowerShell: How to Check if a Module is Already Installed
- PowerShell: How to Write Output to a File
- PowerShell: Steps to Connect to connect to Exchange Online
- PowerShell Fix: Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer
- PowerShell Traditional For Loop Example
- How to Run PowerShell Script as Administrator (Elevate)
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to delete a file using PowerShell [Windows/macOS]
- PowerShell: Grep Command Alternative - Select-String
- PowerShell Concatenate String Examples
- How to add Sleep to PowerShell Script
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- List of PowerShell Function Commands for Mac
- How to Connect to Azure AD Account using PowerShell on Mac
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Set Environment Variable in PowerShell for Mac
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- How to check PowerShell version
- How to install PowerShell on Mac using Brew
- PowerShell Switch Statement with Examples
- PowerShell ISE Alternative for Mac
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java - Java
- StringJoiner Example with Java Collections - Java
- How to install Python 2.7.xx on macOS 12.3 Monterey or higher - Python
- Drop table using Java JDBC Template - Java
- Iterate over an Array using Java 8 Stream and foreach - Java
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Temperature Convertor: Tool & Formula - Tools
- How to update all installed packages at once in Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2) - Android-Studio