When you try to open and work on a Microsoft Office Excel Sheet on your Windows/Mac device and you see the error "Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of this file is untrusted." well this be because
The Macros from the internet are blocked by default in Microsoft Office!
If an Excel (xlsx or xls) or other office files you download from the internet that has VBA macros in them, there is a potential that it may contain a malicious script that can gain access to your device and deploy malware and ransomware. Thus Microsoft has changed the default behavior of Office applications to block macros in files from the internet.
A Good Detailed Must Read Article By Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/security/internet-macros-blocked
How to unblock files with VBA Macros
- Open the file in Office App (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Now go to General tab -> Properties.
- Now select the Unblock checkbox.
Note: You can also make use of the PowerShell CMDLet Unblock-File
PS Unblock-File -Path C:\Users\Code2care\Documents\Downloads\ExcelSpreadSheet.xlsx
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Send Extra Data with Ajax Get or Post Request
- Fix: Error: error:0308010C:digital envelope routines::unsupported NodeJs/Vue/React
- Add Animated Scrolling to Html Page Title Script
- Excel Fix: SECURITY RISK Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of this file is untrusted.
- npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open /mnt/c/package.json
- Fix: SyntaxError: The requested module does not provide an export named default
- Fix: Error: Cannot find module /node-examples/init
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- Maven Central Repository: URL and Details - Java
- Android: Maps and Places using Maps SDK - Android
- Android: programmatically turn Bluetooth on or off using Java code - Android
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting - SharePoint
- Bash command to wait for seconds - Bash
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Change CSS Background Opacity with Examples - CSS