A <div> (division) tag is used as a container to divide your HTML page into multiple sections. When you create a new <div> tag without any CSS style being applied, it will not inherit anything from its parent tag, you would see that a line-break is introduced before and after the div element.
By default the div will be left-aligned to the page or the container which holds it, in order to horizontally center align it, you could try one of the following,
Using margin: 0 auto;
<div class="outerDiv" id="outerDiv" style="width:100%"> <div class="innerDiv" id="innerDiv" style="margin: 0 auto;width:50%;background-color:#eee;text-align:center"> Inner Div Element text that needs to be horizontally aligned to center of the page </div> </div>
Let's have two div tags - we call them the inner div and other div. If you check the below code, it will align the inner div to top right.
<div class="outerDiv" id="outerDiv" style="width:300px;background-color:#eee"> <div class="innerDiv" id="innerDiv" style="padding:10px;background:#ccc"> Inner Div Element text </div> </div>
We would require to apply CSS to both divs in order to horizontally center align the inner div. Add width:100% to outer div so it takes up browsers width, also add text-align:center if you want the text it in to be center-aligned as well. To the inner div add display:inline-block.
<div class="outerDiv" id="outerDiv" style="width:300px;background-color:#eee;width:100%;text-align: center"> <div class="innerDiv" id="innerDiv" style="padding:10px;background:#ccc;display: inline-block;width:100px"> Inner Div Element text </div> </div>
⚠️ Note: One of the older and easiest way to achieve this wrapped the div with a <center> tag, please be aware that center tag is deprecated in HTML5.
- Horizontally Center Align tag in HTML using CSS
- align image at middle of div element
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css
- List of 32 CSS cursors web developers must know about
- How to make div or text in html unselectable using CSS
- How to Center Align Image in Bootstrap
- Tutorial : Simple Lightweight Pure CSS based Vertical Navigation Menu
- CSS Media Query Tutorial for Responsive Mobile First Web Design
- How to make jsfiddle bootstrap ready
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial
- How to place two div elements next to each other
- CSS: Apply opacity only for div background and not textMore Posts:
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- Android : Connection with adb was interrupted 0 attempts have been made to reconnect - Android
- Java XML-RPC java.net.BindException: Address already in use - Java
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime?FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android